Newest Maple Ale Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ksosh

Reaction score
SociasMapleAle.jpg

Comments welcome, though I already printed up this batch of labels (I'm sure I'll brew it again!)

The colors definitely go well with the organicness of the beer (if that made any sense).

If you don't mind me asking, what do you print your labels on? I'd like to hear the answers from any other label printers here too.

1) You're a cool lookin' dude. I like your style.
2) Good pick on the background and font colors. They work really well with the leaf.
3) I'd tone up yer face so it's less transparent... It is YOUR beer after all, so let's see yer face!
4) It sort of looks like your head is a balloon, and the stem of the maple leaf is a string. Presumably, the string runs down to some little kids hand, and he is at the zoo or something. I'm not making fun, I actually think this is a really cool image and think it could spawn a bunch of other labels with balloon head imagery.
5) Ever though of calling it "Map-ale"?
6) How's the beer taste? It sounds pretty dang good!

@ MBasile: Thanks! I use 3 1/3" x 4" white shipping labels (Staples Brand, Avery template 5164/8164 - $24 online, $30 in store (make them pricematch their website...)) and someone else's color inkjet to print them out on :)

@frolickingmonkey: Thanks! Your beard (profile pic) makes me a little jealous!)
In order:
1) It's all smoke and mirrors. Though I really like this headshot of me (which was taken during a trip to Ireland/Scotland... I am holding a Guinness draft in the full photo)
2) Thanks, I tried to choose something to convey a light fall day. I'm color blind, so I must have got lucky.
3) I'm glad you said that about the face, because I had about 4 versions and I went with the most transparent, but it was a tie between that and something 20% less transparent.
4) I like the idea... I'm doing a Circus Boy clone for a friend sometime in the next couple months, and I might use that imagery (balloon head held by kid) in the label
5) Another fine idea. I originally thought it would be a pale ale, and the text was "Maple Pale", and the Ale was a dark shadow of the 'ale' of pale... if that made any sense.
6) It's got another 2 1/2 weeks of bottle conditioning, but at bottling time it was really, really good, and it should be a little more maple flavored at the end of conditioning b/c I used maple syrup in place of priming sugar.

Back