09-09-09 Barleywine Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNBugeater

Reaction score
Am I going insane or was there a thread dedicated to discussing the 09-09 Barleywine in the Recipes Forum OTHER than the official Swap thread in Sampling and Critiquing ?

If there is can someone please assist a blind man to find it and have a mod delete this? If not, then can someone assist with the possibility of doing a partigyle brew session out of this.

I was planning on scaling this up to a 10 gallon batch from BrewPastors recipe, but it wont fit in my 15 gallon mash tun. The original recipe is a 5.76 gallon and leaves me with some extra space in my mash tun to add a little more grain to possible scale up to around 7 gallons, but that poses too many fermentation issues trying to split into 2- 3.5 gallon batches with large starters.

So I thought i would try to partigyle this brew and make 5G of the barleywine and then try to get 5G of something that leaves me over 1.030.

Are there calculations out there that someone knows of that would tell me what I can expect it the way of gravity remaining after i pull off 5G of 1.11?

Thanks

Back