Graff help please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

je52rm

Reaction score
I brewed a batch of Brandon O's Graff (OG 1.066 safale-05) and it has been in the primary glass carboy for 3 weeks at 68-69 degrees. I took my first gravity reading 4 days ago and it was at 1.015. I just checked it and it's basically the same at 1.014-1.015. Should i wait it out another week or should i go ahead and bottle? I have seen many people post FG of 1.010 or less however their OG wasnt as high as mine so I'm wondering if I might have stuck fermentation

If my calculations are correct thats about 78% attenuation. Is that what should be expected more or less? I know there are always a lot of little variations that can make a difference so i'm just wondering as a More Or Less

Mine finished at 1.008 using nottingham (from 1.062 I think) It's possible that you are just done. The juice should pretty much ferment dry, but there's a lot of variables involved with the different types of DMEs.

I think Graff really needs at least 3 weeks in the primary and (in my case) a month+ in bottles. I used an 8% AA Cascade and it's still a little sour. A nice soft "floral" hop works best in this one instead of something that contributes grapefruit on top of a young dry cider. (IMO)

Pickled_Pepper said:
btw...what crystal did you use and how much?

I used .25 crystal60 and .25 crystal120. Could it be the crystal120 that contributed unfermentable dextrins?

Back