I'd rather be brewing...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chumprock

Reaction score
Than working on broken systems that someone else broke and ran away from...

I would much rather be on my deck, with a cup of coffee and a nice quiet mash.

What are you up to?

Sticking needles in pregnant womens backs and not getting paid for it. Ah the life of a student nurse anesthetist.

Surfing at work, between filling in for the molding supervisor out back. Waiting to hear if I need to start up the press to finish a prototype run. Also chatting up some guys about welding a Stainless Shelf for my kegerator, and about smoking meat this weekend. Thinking about the next step in completing my second grain crusher. And, of course, the usual guy thoughts.

Also, should I bottle some of my Centennial Blonde and put it out in the Coke machine in the garage? And, when can I brew another batch of beer??

Currently, I'm trying to distract myself from the jackarse who refuses to use a phone handset than his speakerphone. Also trying to juggle working on these technical documents and reading these forums. Can you guess which activity is winning? I swear I'm going to throw something at this guy.

YOU'RE NOT THAT IMPORTANT!!!

/Ok, I'm ready to get home and bottle my beer

Reading the forum and eating a late breakfast (late of me at least). Dog walk up next.

Do not miss fixing systems or speaker phones.

I see that I am not alone...

I have a carboy of english strong sitting on my table waiting to be racked to keg, and a 3 gal of cider that I need to rack as well.

How long should cider sit in primary?

Sticking needles in pregnant womens backs and not getting paid for it. Ah the life of a student nurse anesthetist.

Currently, I'm trying to distract myself from the jackarse who refuses to use a phone handset than his speakerphone.

YOU'RE NOT THAT IMPORTANT!!!

Send out an email to him about office etiquette but put in the subject "To all Employees". Make sure the email mentions using a headset because there are other people in the office. but ONLY send it to him, then send another one to just him 5 minutes later saying, "Whoops, it looks like you're the only one that received that company wide email, the Email server must have a filter on it to determine who actually needs each company wide sent email. weird...

I personally am surfing HBT waiting for the next Emergency "My Line is Down and it's costing us $1M an hour but we didn't want to spend 12G on a spare system just in case" call to come in. And kicking my self for forgetting the Rice hulls on 9#Flaked Wheat/2#White Wheat grain bill order for this weekend.

Should be sending/typing one of the 12 proposals due by the end of the week but I'm really thinking about how much extra scrubbing my stuff is going to need because I was too lazy to clean it immediately after my last brew session two weeks ago...
Also fine tuning a recipe for an Oaked English IPA... I need to get some fuggles...

Send out an email to him about office etiquette but put in the subject "To all Employees". Make sure the email mentions using a headset because there are other people in the office. but ONLY send it to him, then send another one to just him 5 minutes later saying, "Whoops, it looks like you're the only one that received that company wide email, the Email server must have a filter on it to determine who actually needs each company wide sent email. weird...

I personally am surfing HBT waiting for the next Emergency "My Line is Down and it's costing us $1M an hour but we didn't want to spend 12G on a spare system just in case" call to come in. And kicking my self for forgetting the Rice hulls on 9#Flaked Wheat/2#White Wheat grain bill order for this weekend.

God, I wish it were that easy. Unfortunately I work for a very large aerospace company and this guy is about 4 pay grades above me. I asked my lead to send an office etiquette email out to everyone in our bay, but he doesn't give a crap since he's isolated in a nice comfy hard wall office. It's very difficult to get anything done when you're listening to the woes of a subcontractor's hardware delivery issues to a deployed unit.

I think I'm just going to throw a headset over the wall at him. Maybe he'll get the hint. Or maybe he'll beat the hell out of me. I'll let you know what happens next. :mad:

Rockin' some John Prine for the whole office to hear, drinking this delicious rocket fuel they call a "red eye", reading this and homebrewchatter.com, and waiting for our client to call back and tell us to proceed.

Reprogramming something that should have had the specs right the first time instead of 5 revisions later. Also just finished unloading a truck of crap from the other office that just closed. At least that was a change from the usual.

Reprogramming something that should have had the specs right the first time instead of 5 revisions later. Also just finished unloading a truck of crap from the other office that just closed. At least that was a change from the usual.

Yeah. They call me The Plumber, cuz they give me a call and I take care of all the backed up crap!

Today I am just trying to get my head around this whole cold fusion thing. I think I've just about nailed it.

OCMS going in the background, revising a contract for the 5th time with the mutt sleeping at my feet. Life is good.

Tagging out two 6K panels (GN2 and GHe) because the relief valve mfr. just realized they don't flow what they orig claimed they did. We've only been using them for 12 years now.:drunk:

I'm sitting in the docotors office waiting ti have my blood drawn so they can tell me if I have a potassium deficiency. Then to work...

Need to bottle my red ale, it's sitting wait at home for me. :(

Trying to dump a list of taxid's in a format that excel will accept, without loping off the leading zeros. And, doing two design documents. And, working support calls. And, dreaming about the Ribs I will be eating in about an hour. And, thinking about the light amber ale I will be brewing this weekend...

;)

Trying to get something done, but UPS just dropped off 4lbs of hops from Hops Direct.
Hard to work with brewing on the brain.

Edit:
Fuggle UK 18.75 oz
Czech Saaz 18.55 oz
Willamette 19.1 oz
Tettnanger GR 20.5 oz

Packaging is probably about half an ounce.
You got to love these guys.
:ban:

Writing a couple jazz charts for my gig tonight and happy I don't work with a bunch of jack***es in an office. :D

Sitting in my home office...

What? Who am I kidding? I'm reclining on the couch

working on quotes and emails...

Ha! Quotes? I haven't done one of those since the middle of last week. Business is so slow I'd be happy to talk with an irate customer. I'm surfing HBT and Stumble-ing

praying for rain.

And by rain I mean orders, dammit!

I'm documenting changes to the latest revision of software without ever seeing the source code or being told about what changes were made.
(and wishing I was brewing really badly)

Just got off the phone with the Smokey Mountain brewery to schedule a tour and hopefully assisting brew day while we're down there is July. Waiting for some Brazillians to call back and let us know if they received number 5-6 of our new release controller that "should be good now". Why test your product when you can send a warranty replacement. Giving away a $6000 controller is obviously cheaper then spending an extra $100 on each one to build it right the first time!!

Currently working on mailserver intermittancy that services 7000 mailboxes that has been down for 3 days... I would rather be cleaning my bathroom than addressing this.

I'm documenting changes to the latest revision of software without ever seeing the source code or being told about what changes were made.
(and wishing I was brewing really badly)

Ok, my day is just awesome when I compare it to yours. I'll tell you, I'm getting sick of having the software developer vs. software engineer debate.

I need a beer

Waiting for 6pm to roll arround, so i can go home and pull my first pint of my Birthday brew, and enjoy it while eating a homemade birthday dinner!

Glad i had the insight to have a fresh keg ready to tap on my birthday!

Waiting for 6pm to roll arround, so i can go home and pull my first pint of my Birthday brew, and enjoy it while eating a homemade birthday dinner!

Glad i had the insight to have a fresh keg ready to tap on my birthday!
Is it your birthday? I'm unclear on this.

;)

Happy Birthday. :mug:

OK, now that I'm done that, I'm preparing to take my daughter to daycare, after which I will finish re-staining my deck.

Dreading this bug I have to figure out. Mad my coffee mug is empty again.

Diabolically planning my first pLambic and a Flanders Red even though I don't have them in my brew schedule. Oh well, guess I'll just have to take a day off to brew them. :)

Sitting is SE Asia doing squat because I'm still waiting on these bastards to finish the wiring that was supposed to be done last week. I'm 13000 miles away my family and from my Irish red ale that I bottled almost two weeks ago. I'm dying to know how it turned out. Also there is very little in the way of good beer around this place. :?

Sitting is SE Asia doing squat because I'm still waiting on these bastards to finish the wiring that was supposed to be done last week. I'm 13000 miles away my family and from my Irish red ale that I bottled almost two weeks ago. I'm dying to know how it turned out. Also there is very little in the way of good beer around this place. :?

Dealing with your counter parts! I nice fellow by the name Eung So Lee "AKA Joey".Gotta love there Engrish names.

I am going through documents from last year, making sure everything is ready for our state audit that occurs every two years. I am just waiting for this weekend when I will be brewing my 2nd AG Oatmeal Stout. And maybe smoking up some ribs.

I'd rather be brewing than writing tickets, responding to crashes and taking drunks to jail.

That reminds me....I live next to an investigator (just got promoted), I should probably check the county/state laws out before inviting him over for a cold one.

I'm sitting in a Theory of Constraints class taught by the wonderful people of the Avraham Goldratt Institute. Talk about death by powerpoint:(

All I want to do is brew right now and all I can think about is working on my single tier rig.

...The same thing we do every day, Pinky - Trying to take over the world.

I'm sitting on my couch with my 6 month old, waiting for SWMBO to finish working so we can leave for Austin for a wedding this weekend.

...And occasionally checking out the job boards, trying to figure out why a finance degree from UT and 6 years of successful sales experience can't get a job that's worth a damn.

Back