What are you asking Santa for?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 40839

Reaction score
Christmas is coming, and hopefully Santa will be bringing all the good brewers something nice this year. Having been brewing for a while now, I've accumulated most of the stuff I need, apart from a big ticket item here and there. So I've asked Santa SWMBO for some new kettles this year, since my keggles had some rather crap welds done on them. (Santa SWMBO took a look at the cost of three boilermakers and politely replied "Hahaha, fat f****g chance!")

So what are you asking Santa for this year?!

Wire feed welder, march pump, 40 plate chiller, 5 perlick shank n faucet sets, and 6 pinlock kegs.

I'm leaning toward 1 or 2 PM kits to get started on doing partial mash. Or maybe a bench capper. Or get my wife & son together so I can have both?...:D Or better yet just have Santa tell everyone to just get me brewing stuff!!! :rockin: And you can get those little MIG welders pretty cheap at Harbor Freight & Salvage. They're wire feed.

-Gift certificate to my favorite homebrew store
-Pinotage or Merlot wine kit
-Barley crusher grain mill
-misc beer steins glasses, etc.
-"Designing Great Beers" ~ Daniels

:)

...then there are some other non-brewing things on my list...

Gift card to local HBS

Would like to get
Beer Gun
Another pin lock keg
Stuff to make my kegerator dual tap

Nothing Brewing related, but I asked for Zildjian Gen16 cymbals.

I'm on the fiscally diminutive side: weldless SS ball valve for my kettle.

I thought I'd make it easy on my family this year and just grabbed a William's Brewing Catalog and circled the things I want. A couple Blichmann burners, a pump, plate chiller, and some sst quick disconnect fittings. I'll probably end up getting a gift certificate, or an extract kit like the last few years. I don't think my parent's or wife understand what AG means.

Am-Ex Gift cards!!!! Its impossible for family members to shop for brewing products...They usually dont know what to get or how much stuff usually costs...you end up receiving Mr Beer kits or a hookah(oh yeah, that happened). Ask me how I know this!
-Jefe-

All I want is a turkey fryer to use as my new brew kettle... its about 20 bucks cheaper than a stock pot, larger, and i get a burner.

Gonna do another 10g batch, of porter, and see if a 20g boil kettle would work out better. Maybe throw in a few better bottles and a wine kit....not real sure right now. LOL

I think I'm ahead of the rest of you. I went to a homebrew store that is 150 miles from me since they have a better selection of grains (way better) than locally. I picked up a bunch of specialty grains, some hops, and some dry yeast to get me through part of the winter and also grabbed a 50 lb sack of pale malt. When I checked out the amount didn't seem like enough but I had somebody waiting in the car so I paid and left.

When I got home the amount was still bothering me so I got out the receipt and went through it and found that the clerk hadn't included the pale malt so on Monday morning I called to make the correction and pay the rest that I owed. The clerk said, "No way, you aren't paying and you can't change my mind!" So I got a free sack of pale malt. I'll plan on returning to that store every time I am in that area.

RM-MN said:
I think I'm ahead of the rest of you. I went to a homebrew store that is 150 miles from me since they have a better selection of grains (way better) than locally. I picked up a bunch of specialty grains, some hops, and some dry yeast to get me through part of the winter and also grabbed a 50 lb sack of pale malt. When I checked out the amount didn't seem like enough but I had somebody waiting in the car so I paid and left.

When I got home the amount was still bothering me so I got out the receipt and went through it and found that the clerk hadn't included the pale malt so on Monday morning I called to make the correction and pay the rest that I owed. The clerk said, "No way, you aren't paying and you can't change my mind!" So I got a free sack of pale malt. I'll plan on returning to that store every time I am in that area.

Awesome! Great beer karma :)

"All your home brew are belong to us!"

Back