Dubbel or Trippel rcipe minimash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay672

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure what i want to brew next but im looking maybe a belgian if nayone has any good recipes id love to check them out Thanks And im so damn glad its friday

At my LHBS I get the 7 lb tub of light LME. To that I add specialty grains/homey/etc. Here is a recepie I WILL make again.

7lbs LME
1.5lbs honey

3lbs carafoam
2lbs malanoidin
1.75lbs crystal 20L
1lbs crystal 150L

here's where the recepie goes astray from a Belgain beer(don't like phenolics too much... )

.5 oz 12%aa simcoe @20 min
.5 oz 9.8%aa amarillo @20 min

1oz both amarillo and simcoe at 5 min

1.5oz both amarillo and simcoe at 180 degrees F while cooling down.

1oz both amarillo and simcoe dry hopped in 2nd.

I used Rogue Yeast.

This hop schedule is aggressive for the flavor and aroma. Quite spicy. Wonderful and it's not so bitter you have to shave your tongue after each pull. I heated the honey to 150 F in my fry daddy, kept it there for 20 min and cooled with the lid on to keep as much of the delicate honey flavor as I could before adding to the primary. The OG was 1.075 and the FG was 1.021. 6.885%ABV. The color, the OG/FG the IBU's and the ABV all fit perfectly into the Strong Belgian ale/Dubbel category. If someone was to use an appropriate yeast to get the belgian flavor and the low hop load I believe this bunch of specialty grains would make someone very happy. I, however, will be going nuts on this hop schedule again.:D

Back