4th of July Brewfest!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
Is everybody brewing over the holiday?

I am kegging two batches tonight and setting up for tomorrow.

I get off at 1:00PM Thursday, then am brewing a Vienna Ale.

Friday, I am brewing an 8 gallon batch of wheat (5 gallons of Cherry Wheat and 3 gallons of American Wheat).

Saturday, of course, is for smoking ribs, eatin' and DRINKIN'!!!

:rockin:

No brewing for me. On the Fourth, I've got 120 people coming over, 25 gallons of home brew, and $400 in fireworks.

On the fifth, I clean up...

Yup, brewing a variation of the haus pale ale.

6.5 lbs pale LME
1.5 lbs Munich LME
.5 lb Crystal 10L
Nottingham dry yeast

Hops schedule

1 oz cascade @ 60
1 oz amarillo @ 30
.5 oz cascade @ 15
.5 oz amarillo @ 10
.5 oz cascade @ 5
.5 oz amarillo @ flame out
1 oz cascade dry hopped\

also bottling my kitchen sink porter.

Also making smoked brisket for dinner.

Assuming I stay sober long enough to finish ;)

Brewing as I type, as a matter of fact. Tune in for the brewcast at 12:30 for the chill and transfer to the fermenter.

I'll probably brew on Friday as well and smoke some more meat (got a pork shoulder on the hickory right now) to boot. :D

We have a wedding on the Fourth, so the 3rd and 5th will have to do. :mug:

I've got plans to brew sometime during the weekend.

I'll be making Brewtopia's Belgian Wit and if I do a second batch, I'm going to do an IPA with a bunch of my partial bags of hops.

Got 10 gallons kegged up for the weekend:)
5 gallon hause pale ale
5 gallon strawberry wheat (swmbo's favorite)

2 fermenters empty :(
get back Sunday afternoon will brew then!

Taking my gear on the road so my 2 buddies can both brew friday before we go to a concert. Then drinking hb at another buddies on the 4th. Hopefully do my own batch sunday. Ingredients should be here today!

Nope going camping wonder if I could fit a 5lbs tank and a 3 gallon corny on the bike ...

ohio1.bmp

kinda doubt it this is the last time we went camping to where irregularpulse lives . After the pic was taken I manage to bungie 3 Coleman folding chairs on my Springer..

Brewing a Cent. Blonde at the campground we are parking our RV at. Can't wait to here the comments about it from the MIL. Actually, will probably just get funny looks. Too bad, the wife is on board with it, and the FIL will probably be helping, so MIL can suck it! he he.

Brewing a Cent. Blonde at the campground we are parking our RV at. Can't wait to here the comments about it from the MIL. Actually, will probably just get funny looks. Too bad, the wife is on board with it, and the FIL will probably be helping, so MIL can suck it! he he.

I can see the headlines now " Reed City Mi man and his companions arrested on suspicion of operating a mobile meth lab. " :p

I'm getting ready for a party in August. I'm brewing 10 gal. of porter Thursday, 10 gal. ESB on Friday and 10 gal. of IPA on the 4th.

I am off on friday, going to brew up an split 10 gallons of lefthand Milk Stout Clone with a friend, and simultaneously cook a brisket

Hmm, well I will be brewing on Friday - just not sure what. My Haus ale is at about 2 gals, I have the grains all measured for a 5 of Orange Cascade,.. Hmm, maybe both :)

I'm planning on doing another batch of blonde ale. If I have time, then I am also going to get the BYO Founders Breakfast Stout clone going.

Considering that I just found out that we will be getting a 4 day weekend instead of a three day weekend, I definitely forsee a two batch day.

Edit: The extra day off warrants the following.....
:ban::ban::rockin::rockin::ban::ban::rockin::tank::mug::rockin:

I got 10 gallons of Haus Ale ready for Sat(5 for myself and 5 for the neighbor), 5 of an Orange Kolsch and 3 of a American Wheat done with Pacman. Brewing a Fat Tire clone on sunday. I'm all set!!! Plus picking up 3 rack of ribs 2marrow.

11 gal batch. 6 gallons Organic Porter, and 5 gallons of Graff.

Complication/Resolution is I have a 7.5 gallon kettle. For the Graff, I'm using 1.5 gallons out of 8.75 gallons pre-boil wort runnings. With 4 gallons of apple juice, this gives you 11 gallons post boil product in one day.

The fire is stoked and I'm good to go on Friday.

Back