Notice on: "A Cheap Wort Cooling Pump"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

floridabrewer

Reaction score
On 10-07-05 I told anyone interested about the $9 garden hose type water pump that will run off your drill motor for transfering your cooling water through your 3/8" copper cooling coil. Remember this....... you must cilp or duct tape or something to hold the tube intake end a few inches from the end in the ice water container. AND>>>>DO NOT WALK AWAY FROM YOUR WORT COOLING TO SEE WHAT THE WIFE IS CALLING YOU FOR !! :mad: If it falls out you have no water intake and will burn the little pump right up if the water "in" end is not drawing the cold water ! ( It took only about 1 minute with no water to burn it up!) So lessen learned here, it worked very well before I burned the pump up from no water going through it ! I finsihed the wort cooling as I was told in this forum earlier by you folks by hooking up the garden hose directly to the coil in a big hurry! Either method it cooled very fast. I could taste the difference in the cooled wort from my old ways. :p Thank you all for that to!

Oh Well! The beer is doing fine at this point of fermentation.

Good to hear the beer is ok :D For a second or two, I was afraid the drill had somehow fallen into the water :eek:

Latest posts

Back