You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you see this in a news story about Washington's legalized pot law...

marijuana_dispensary_wide-cc6bb496a2c7c7dd446f9e0ec6d9a2a3179f9da1-s4-c85.jpg

...and you think "dang, looks like my kitchen table on brew day... the gloves are a bit anal, though, hops are a hot-side addition, they'll get sanitized in the boil."

When you see this in a news story about Washington's legalized pot law...

marijuana_dispensary_wide-cc6bb496a2c7c7dd446f9e0ec6d9a2a3179f9da1-s4-c85.jpg

...and you think "dang, looks like my kitchen table on brew day... the gloves are a bit anal, though, hops are a hot-side addition, they'll get sanitized in the boil."

Actually that photo was taken of me during my last brew. I made a Trippel Belgian hopped with pot...

I dubbed it "It's a TRIP ale"

It's picking up steam in the brew world... Mauie brewing co. Wants to do a collaboration brew... "Mauie's wowie winter warmer" going to be a seasonal for Christmas.

Actually that photo was taken of me during my last brew. I made a Trippel Belgian hopped with pot...

I dubbed it "It's a TRIP ale"

It's picking up steam in the brew world... Mauie brewing co. Wants to do a collaboration brew... "Mauie's wowie winter warmer" going to be a seasonal for Christmas.

I would just feel its a waste and those beers will probably be expensive

insanim8er said:
Actually that photo was taken of me during my last brew. I made a Trippel Belgian hopped with pot... I dubbed it "It's a TRIP ale" It's picking up steam in the brew world... Mauie brewing co. Wants to do a collaboration brew... "Mauie's wowie winter warmer" going to be a seasonal for Christmas.

Sounds dank.

I once ran across a strain called "white-boy Bob Sagat".. I giggled for quite a while, naturally.

I would just feel its a waste and those beers will probably be expensive

It's only expensive if you outsource ... Not too bad if you harvest your own.

The prob is thc is fat soluble. Fat in beer won't work, so I came up with a process similar to left hands nitro in a bottle. I won't paten it since I don't want to release my secret.

Well that and after one bottle I forgot how I did it.

you know you're a homebrewer when - You adjust the temperature of each room in your house to an optimal temperature step for lagering..
I'm running four stages for my lager..
stage 1 - kitchen @ 62-65 (about 24hrs)
stage 2 - Den @ 55-58 (2 days)
stage 3 - guest bedroom @ 52-54 (7 days/until gravity stabilizes)
stage 4 - basement @ 45-48 (7 days under pressure)
stage 5 - keezer @ 38 (until it's gone under pressure)

by stage 5 I'll probably be drinking it. :)

Also my wife doesn't think I'm crazy, so I've got that going for me too.

When you have 4 different beers bottled up for Christmas carbing & conditioning in the man cave where you can see them piling up. Warm front ahead of a huge storm they say can drop temp 50 degrees coming. And here I am in need of supplies to make use of the new 3rd fermenter...

When the wife says to you 'What do you want for christmas?' then stops and says' Nevermind, the gift certificate from the home brew shop will cost me enough.'

When the wife says to you 'What do you want for christmas?' then stops and says' Nevermind, the gift certificate from the home brew shop will cost me enough.'

Yup... I'm anxiously awaiting Christmas Day to get my beer faucets to get my kegerator and portable kegerator finished.

When you order an orange juice at a diner for your 4-year old son and when it comes he looks at it quizzically and asks, "Is this beer?"

When you order an orange juice at a diner for your 4-year old son and when it comes he looks at it quizzically and asks, "Is this beer?"

When everytime you drop your 4 year old off at Kindy one of the teachers talks to you for at least 15 minutes about beer - then get's your wife to pass on a message to go to a specific bar to try his brother in laws first comercial beer! I got to frop some homebrew in for him and his BIL to try :D

You turn around to your pasta pot boiling over and you think a) where's my spray bottle b) eh, that's nothing. I've cleaned up much worse 😃
Cheers!

I know I'm really late in mentioning this, but:

I can't believe no on suggested a book on IPAs: The Audacity of Hops.

"The Audacity Of Hops" is a Belgian style tripel put out by Cambridge Brewing Company. The beer is every bit as delicious as it's title is clever.

You turn around to your pasta pot boiling over and you think a) where's my spray bottle b) eh, that's nothing. I've cleaned up much worse 😃
Cheers!

On Thanksgiving, SWMBO and mother in law were in the kitchen, boiling a big pot of potatoes to later turn into mashed. I heard them complaining that the water kept trying to boil over from all the foaming. I ran and grabbed my bottle of Fermcap-S and squirted 2 drops into the pot--no more foam.

My mother in law said, "I want some of that stuff!"
SWMBO: "I sure hope that stuff is safe for food!"

On Thanksgiving, SWMBO and mother in law were in the kitchen, boiling a big pot of potatoes to later turn into mashed. I heard them complaining that the water kept trying to boil over from all the foaming. I ran and grabbed my bottle of Fermcap-S and squirted 2 drops into the pot--no more foam.

Lol, that's funny right there.

Who says that skills learned whilst homebrewing can't impress the in laws?Well played.

When in an effort to regulate fermentation temps, you and swmbo walk around in sweats and blankets to keep warm, because your windows are all open in an effort to keep down the ridiculous heat from the steam pipes in the apartment

When you've got a 5 gallon "test" batch of a clone that will take 2 years to complete and you are looking at larger fermentation vessels in preparation of making enough to last you two years for the next batch!

Cyclman said:
When you have more freezers / refrigerators for beer than for food.

I have 3 for beer and 1 for food. I also get upset at my SWMBO for taking up beer space in my beer fridges. But I let her on occasion since she gave me the entire basement to brew in now.

When you mark paychecks, and receipt of your allowance by the fact it's been 2 weeks and time to start another batch.

Back