So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to brew Ruby Ale (raspberry wheat) but the water pump on the jeep went out. I am going to fix that. Starting early tomorrow. I did just whip up a batch of Ed Wort's Apfelwein. :mug: Maybe if I finish early with the jeep I'll do this.

Ruby Ale v 2.0
Fruit Beer
Type: All Grain Date: 3/12/2012
Batch Size (fermenter): 5.50 gal Brewer: Cliff
Boil Size: 7.76 gal Asst Brewer:
Boil Time: 60 min Equipment: 15.5 gal sanke keg w/ 54 qt cooler
End of Boil Volume 6.76 gal Brewhouse Efficiency: 65.00 %
Final Bottling Volume: 5.21 gal Est Mash Efficiency 78.8 %
Fermentation: Ale, Two Stage Taste Rating(out of 50): 30.0
Taste Notes:
Ingredients

Ingredients
Amt Name Type # %/IBU
12.0 oz Fruit - Raspberry (0.0 SRM) Adjunct 1 4.5 %
8 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 2 47.8 %
2 lbs 8.0 oz Wheat, Red (Cargill) (2.9 SRM) Grain 3 14.9 %
8.0 oz Crystal 75, 2-Row, (Great Western) (75.0 SRM) Grain 4 3.0 %
1 lbs Extra Light Dry Extract (3.0 SRM) Dry Extract 5 6.0 %
0.50 oz Chinook [13.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 6 17.8 IBUs
0.50 oz Chinook [13.00 %] - Boil 30.0 min Hop 7 13.7 IBUs
1.00 Items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 5.0 mins) Fining 8 -
1.0 pkg Whitbread Ale (Wyeast Labs #1099) [124.21 ml] Yeast 9 -
3 lbs Fruit - Raspberry (0.0 SRM) Adjunct 10 17.9 %
1 lbs Milk Sugar (Lactose) (0.0 SRM) Sugar 11 6.0 %

Beer Profile

Est Original Gravity: 1.063 SG Measured Original Gravity: 0.000 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.011 SG Measured Final Gravity: 0.000 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 6.9 % Actual Alcohol by Vol: 0.0 %
Bitterness: 31.4 IBUs Calories: 0.0 kcal/12oz
Est Color: 7.1 SRM

Did you ever make a coconut brew? My coconut brown is just coming around in the bottle, and it has a great coconut backnote to it! ABV was higher than I expected, and I think the coconut would benefit from a lower ABV. I'm going to try again with a smaller grain bill. I'm thinking the sugar in the coconut contributed more than I expected it would...

Ive used coconut palm sugar before-which tastes great.

Saison IF the Saison Dupont bottle culture takes. First one failed, started another today, hopefully will be able to step up Sat. and brew Sunday. Fingers crossed.

Saison IF the Saison Dupont bottle culture takes. First one failed, started another today, hopefully will be able to step up Sat. and brew Sunday. Fingers crossed.

In case you dont know (i didnt) i takes a while to grow yeast from the bottle. I wanted to harvest from bottle of orval and after 24h on the stir plate (150ml of wort) i posted worrying thread, after number of ppl told me to wait i did so and i had clear growth around 60h, now my saison is almost a week in primary and i cant wait to try it

I hope to brew a 19 litre batch of Irish Red Ale on Sunday and bottle my 17 litres of Smoked Choc porter which is currently Cold Conditioning at 1C in the fridge.

Will be my second batch on my new herms system.

I brewed my first shot at a Maibock last night, fermentation process took off like a rocket and is well under way today in 24 hours.
1/2 lb two row roasted and cracked into 30 min steep (150 degrees F)
10 lbs of golden light malt
1 oz. of Mt Hoods for boiling
Another 1/2 oz. of Mt Hood after 30 minute boil
Finally 1 oz. of Czech Saaz for final 15 minutes.

Definitely going to brew. Can't decide between an Australian IPA and a Cream Ale. Thinking of the Cream Ale as a good lawn mower beer.

I really want to brew, but we'll see. Nearing the end of the honey-do season and I have a few things that need finishing before the open house next weekend.

Some of that is finishing the adapter I need to get CO2 into the 2.5 gallon fire extinguisher soda keg.

Planning on BM cream of three crops Saturday. Was going to do it last week but life got in the way.

Sunday I'll be brewing an American Pale Ale, in homage to my brother Marines, to all who serve, and especially in remembrance of those who paid the ultimate price. Then on Wednesday I'll be doing a Belgian Golden Strong Ale. :)

Split batch of a wheat beer! 1/2 gets Bell's house yeast for an American wheat, other 1/2 gets 3068 for a Bavarian-style hefeweizen.

Just started the vorlauf on some best bitter...Realized that I didn't remember to set in the false bottom of my MLT!

This is what happens when you haven't brewed in 5 months. Blarg! this is going to take forever....

Been a couple of months since i've brewed, and the pipeline is nearly depleted. I'm doing a double batch tomorrow, Amber ale, and a 1554 clone.

Was planning to do a Blue Moon clone this weekend. Midwest shipped a day later than I expected, and I gave them my work address for delivery. So when FedEx home delivery shows up tomorrow, there'll be no one here to accept delivery. :(

Was planning to do a Blue Moon clone this weekend. Midwest shipped a day later than I expected, and I gave them my work address for delivery. So when FedEx home delivery shows up tomorrow, there'll be no one here to accept delivery. :(
have you tried contacting FedEx and asking them to change the delivery address/destination?

memorial day weekend was made for brewing - get on that!

i'm about to smack my pack for sunday's batch...

sweetcell said:
have you tried contacting FedEx and asking them to change the delivery address/destination?

memorial day weekend was made for brewing - get on that!

Only the shipper can do that, and then it's $11. I'd expect MW to pass the charge to me if I contacted them to do it, and it's not worth it to me.

Been reading through the recipe database and I think Im gonna brew Hammy's IPA have all the ingredients in house already.

Me. 20gal of Lambic base. Simple grist and low ibu's. Let the strains and fruit do the rest. I love how this movie ends!..............

Not this weekend...end of the month and money's a lil tight. Likely just racking a couple meads and ciders to secondary if they are clear enough.

Latest posts

Back