5lb or 10lb for sanyo 4912 conversion?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eb50

Reaction score
what are people using for their co2 tank sizes for their sanyo conversions? can a 10lb fit inside the fridge? i am going to have it inside along with 2 corny kegs

thanks in advance

I can JUST get the door shut with a 5lb tank. I think there have been people who have fit a 10lb in there, but you need to remove the interior door panel (with the shelves, etc) and replace it with a flat panel (I've seen dry-erase board used). Too much of a PITA for me, so I just use a 5lb. In fact, I prefer having 2 5 lb tanks rather than 1 10lb tank. Given that you rarely know when a tank is almost empty, and that they always seem to cash out on a weekend when the welding shop is closed, I like having the ability to just switch them out when one dies, then filling the other one come monday.

hmm interesting idea. i never really thought about getting 2 5s to swap. I am planning on removing the door so thats no big deal. how many kegs does a 5lb usually support over 1 fill?

I was going to use a 20oz paintball tank for my jockey box. My old college buddy used to keg and used one for his one keg kegerator. Any idea if it would last a whole keg?? I
m hoping to test it all out this weekend with a pre-carbed 5 Gallon Keg. Just need to find the dang tank.

If you want the tank on the inside you'll need to go with a 5# tank. Dangit, I just remembered that I need to get my tank filled. Now I have to spend my lunch hour going home to get the tank! DOH!

thanks for the info guys. now the next question... where is the best place to find a used 5lb tank?

Don't start asking why, but I have a 2.5 lb, 5 lb, 10 lb, and a 20 lb CO2 tank. I've done a pretty heavy conversion on mine and I don't think there is any way the 10 lb tank would fit in there... Here's my kegerator: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=19596

hmm.. looks like you did not build the stand like some people did in the rear for the tank. i wonder if that would give you the few extra inches for the 10lb

what are people using for their co2 tank sizes for their sanyo conversions? can a 10lb fit inside the fridge? i am going to have it inside along with 2 corny kegs

thanks in advance

I highly recommend putting the tank outside. It's not a big deal to drill the hole, and it's much easier to manage the interior volume without the tank in there. The best place for the hole is probably the upper-back corner of the side of the fridge. As long as you miss the over-the-top line, you should be free for about 2-3" down from the top of the fridge. I drilled mine from inside to outside and didn't have any problems at all.

Back