ABV quickchart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ego Archive

Reaction score
I figured since I created it for my brew log, I would post it up here in case others could use it. I don't know if anyone needs something like this, and maybe it's already available (I couldn't find one, but that doesn't mean much)someplace else.

Of course if you have suggestions, let me know. This is mostly for quick estimations as I'm filling out my log, so I didn't really see a need for anything much more granular.

mod edit: Non clicky.

What calculation did you use to formulate it?

Thank you for the edit; I was in a rush last night, and it was faster to attach it.

I was using the calculator at Rooftop Brew » ABV and Gravity Calculator to whip it up. Checking it against (OG-FG)X131=ABV, some of the upper ranges ((1.120-1.010)x131=14.41%)seem to be slightly off. When I was putting it together it was just for quick calculations as I'm brewing, so I wasn't concerned about it being too accurate. Of course, now that I posted it up here, maybe I'll go back and correct it on Monday, when I have a chance.

Ok, I went back and changed the image to the new calculations, and am uploading the PDF, and XLS (the Zip) versions of the file.

The nice thing with the spreadsheet, is you can change the values in the OG, FG row/column and it will re-calculate the values . This doesn't account for any heat adjustments of course, so your on your own for that.

View attachment ABVChart.pdf

View attachment ABVChart.zip

Back