Serving statoin build proposal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gridlocked

Reaction score
I was asked to brew a beer for a little spring shindig that my buddy is hosting in a couple of weeks called Aptoberfest. His theory is "why should we wait until fall to have a beer and sausage festival?" So, I brewed a spring-like IPA (that ended up in the imperial-ish range) that I'll be serving and I need to come up with a serving station. I was going to build a jockey box but I think this idea is a little bit cooler.

Goal: Single-ish use thing, cheap to build and keep 2 kegs cold for 6-8 hours..
It uses a standard plastic garbage can with two kegs inside, and the garbage can is then filled with ice. The collar that goes down into the front of the garbage can will be bolted to the inside of the can. The top lid will be installed on hinges so it can be opened, the back coming up. I’ll have a hook that will bungee to the bottom of the can so if it’s leaned on, it doesn’t go flying open. I’ll have to support and strap the Co2 tank to the inside somehow. The picnic taps will come up and out of the hole and I’ll have to figure out a way to hold the tap in the air – probably a bent coat hanger of some kind. I don’t want the tap resting on the “counter” – I want it “floating” out in the air to be grabbed. I also just figured out a free way to grommet the hole so the tap can't fall back into the can.

I will probably wrap or paint the can to dress it up a bit too.

Disregard the cut-away - it was just to see the inside.

Thoughts?

Aptoberfestservingstation2.png

Aptoberfestservingstation1.png

Aptoberfestservingstation3.png

Aptoberfestservingstation4.png

Hey there. I recently finished a build (kind of) similar to this.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/calling-krute-313909/

It's the same basic concept you are thinking about, only with the coffin-box and standard faucet instead of a picnic tap. I'm having a bit of trouble envisioning how the picnic tap coat hanger thing will work, but keep us updated. I like seeing all the ways to dispense beer out of a trash can!

Just scored two perfect size pieces of 3/8" particle board from the dumpster behind our woodshop in our office. Nice. I may use chalk-board paint for the vertical board so I can re-use it if I want to.
Aptoberfestservingstationnew.png

Back