TV ALERT: Thursday 11/04/10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisS68

Reaction score
Tonight on Bloomberg TV, Jim Koch will be on "The Mentor". I think the gist of the show is that he'll be helping out two aspiring entrepreneurs as they try to get a brewery off the ground. Show times are 9 and 11 PM Eastern. 8 and 10 PM Central

Tonight on Bloomberg TV, Jim Koch will be on "The Mentor". I think the gist of the show is that he'll be helping out two aspiring entrepreneurs as they try to get a brewery off the ground. Show times are 9 and 11 PM Eastern. 8 and 10 PM Central

Thanks for the heads up. I have it set to record.:mug:

What the hell is bloomberg...I just saw the end of it...Is this on my local cable network? These guys are based out of Oceanside. Were neighbors!

Also......I saw add tonight for series called Brewmaster to air beginning 11/21/10 on Discovery channel at 10 pm on Sundays.

Also......I saw add tonight for series called Brewmaster to air beginning 11/21/10 on Discovery channel at 10 pm on Sundays.

Still a couple of days left before I can set the dvr to record these episodes. Directv only allows you to set a recording two weeks ahead of a scheduled broadcast. Sam Calagione hosts the show and from the Dogfish Head news release.

"BREW MASTERS taps more than just kegs and barrels, it unlocks a fascinating history of beer making, showcasing the ingenuity and passion behind our love affair with those alluring suds and how it played a role in building civilizations."

I'll be watching for sure.:rockin:

Watched the Bloomberg show last night, it was interesting but obviously as a half-hour show aimed at a general audience really glossed over some very important decisions.

The decision to go with a third-party distributor was something I think they could/should have paid a lot more attention to. I was just listening to a podcast of - I think it was the NHC - where they had a panel of professional brewers who were discussing the process of starting up, and this was something they talked about in a lot of detail. There is the whole "not having to hire a sales and distribution force," but as a lot of the panel members were saying you give up a LOT of profit margin by selling through a third-party distributor.

I also wonder about issues like how you make sure your distributor is really promoting your product. It's not in their best interest to damage your brand in any way, but you're still competing for their focus among all of the different beers they promote and distribute. If you choose to give up a lot of control in your distribution, how do you make sure that the distributor is still going to battle for you?

It was interesting, though, mostly to see the breweries. Just too superficial, especially for freakin' Bloomberg TV!

Back