Fermenting/KRAUSEN stopped after 30 hours?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBUDGO

Reaction score
No airlock activity, swirling of contents stopped. maybe 48 hrs max is that ok?

Brewed 7 days ago from a truebrew IPA kit. It took 3 to 4 days for the first bubbles to show. Then it really cranked for a while with 2 inches of foam and it was swimming in there. Temps in the ale range for the most part, swamp cooler.

Ideas? Is this ok?

Thanks all.

WorryWort.

Bubble activity is NOT a way to judge what a fermentation is doing. All an airlock tells you is whether your airlock is bubbling or not, it's a VENT a VALVE to release excess co2. NOT a fermentation gauge.

You wanna know what your beer is doing (which is probably fermenting just fine) Take a HYDROMETER READING.

Then you won't need to worry...you'll KNOW what your beer is doing.

Bubble activity is NOT a way to judge what a fermentation is doing. All an airlock tells you is whether your airlock is bubbling or not, it's a VENT a VALVE to release excess co2. NOT a fermentation gauge.

You wanna know what your beer is doing (which is probably fermenting just fine) Take a HYDROMETER READING.

Then you won't need to worry...you'll KNOW what your beer is doing.

Thanks Revvy, I couldn't get an OG for a few reasons, so I don't know what to compare to.

Your recipe....Either it will tell you what your gravity should have been or typing the recipe into any brewing calculator will tell you what it was, then if the gravity reading is lower that that now, you know you have fermentation..

Or take a gravity reading, and another in 2 days, if it's the same it's done, if it's lower you have fermentation.....

Then which trying to figure out my reading i saw a video that said don't return the sample!! Am I screwed?!? I hit everything with starsan including the sample jar/tube. And gave the inside a rinse with tap water and shook it empty to get a more accurate reading.
Reading was 1.019 in a 72 degree sample. BTW.

Back