New Brew House!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roostir

Reaction score
It is finally complete!

IMG_0015.jpg

Man that is sweet! By the looks of the wall boards in the before pic, the place is old! Is it attached to the house? Any plans for an exhaust hood?

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............................

*drip drip dripdrip drip drooooooooooooooooooooooool*

Yep, it's old. It is an out building a few feet away from the house. Built in 1895. See: nickfoxhouse.com

As far as the exhaust hood is concerned.. I'm going to wait and see. I've brewed only one session in there so far, and I don't think it's going to be necessary..

wow, amazing! i thought i had a great place, but damn... yours takes the cake!

Are you running your BrewMagic on propane or natural gas? How do you like it? I've heard mixed reviews on them. They seem to be a bit hit or miss.

I'm on the fence between a MoreBeer sculpture or one of these bad boys.

Pretty sweet man! how many square feet is that space, and how well does that wood stove heat the space? I'm looking to get a small one for the furture brew shed.

Thanks man! I think it's about 17' x 23' ish.. Wood stove works fantastic! It's fully insulated now, so it gets hot in there with that thing!

Pretty sweet man! how many square feet is that space, and how well does that wood stove heat the space? I'm looking to get a small one for the furture brew shed.

Are you running your BrewMagic on propane or natural gas? How do you like it? I've heard mixed reviews on them. They seem to be a bit hit or miss.

I'm on the fence between a MoreBeer sculpture or one of these bad boys.

I am running the brew magic on propane. There's no natural gas in my area. I had the propane plumbed to the brew house from the main house tank which has been great. As far as the brew magic itself, I've only brewed two batches on it, but I have enjoyed it quite a bit. Big improvement over my old setup. I haven't tried the morebeer sculptures, but a lot of guys dig 'em. Both batches are still fermenting so I haven't tried the final product yet. I'll report back!

Thats an awesome brewhouse!
Congrats on a great build.
Just think of all the good times that will be had in there. Wooo Hooo

Super awesome!

The only thing missing is a microscope on that table with a hemocytometer :rockin:

Very nice work!

I'm interested in that floor mat. Could you give any details about it, pictures, where you got it, etc.?

Thank you! The mat is from a restaurant supply store in Sacramento (east bay restaurant supple). About an inch thick and 3 x 5 or so. I think it was about $60

Roostir said:
Thank you! The mat is from a restaurant supply store in Sacramento (east bay restaurant supple). About an inch thick and 3 x 5 or so. I think it was about $60

Awesome. I could definitely use one of those for my brewery. I'll look around some restaurant supply stores for something similar. Thanks!

barrooze said:
Bar Equipment stores also have floormats. Found this on a super fast search: http://barsupplies.com/equipment-floor-mats-c-143_5522.html

I'm looking for something similar to what I think is in the picture of his brewery. I think it's called a finger top mat. I need something to contain drips of liquid, not drain it. I really just want a floor drain, but that's more involved...

Back