Cider at 2 weeks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barhoc11

Reaction score
Well I just checked the gravity on my cider that had an OG of 1.048 and I am a tad over 1.01.

I used Safale S-04 and I was expecting the gravity to be lower, should I expect the gravity to drop more? The tasting was not entirely dry like I expected after 2 weeks, should I just let it go another week and take another sample?

I was expecting the gravity to be closer to 1.0 so the fact that I am at 1.01 makes me think I either have a stalled fermentation or I just need to give it more time.

What is the amount of time you usually see the FG achieved?

I wouldn't consider it a stalled fermentation if it got that close to your target gravity. Just give it another week or so. Patience is key

I wouldn't consider it a stalled fermentation if it got that close to your target gravity. Just give it another week or so. Patience is key

Thanks, I just don't consider 1.01 and 1.00 'close' so I wanted to see what others who are familiar with cider's thought. I am planning to give another week but I would like to know what I could expect.

I only look at it for 3wks. take a FG at4wks and it hits at .995. At 2 wks it is still cloudy, waite till it clears and give it a few more days. It can age in the primary for a couple months before bottling. It gets much better with age. I have used s-04 and that turns out great! cheers:rockin:

Back