$30 6gal Glass Carboy w/ free shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DodginBUIs

Reaction score
just figured id pass this along because the price looks good to me.

http://www.amazon.com/Paklab-Glass-Carboy-Liter-1-9-Pound/dp/B002VFXW5W?tag=dealnewscomm=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Amazon offers this 23-Liter Paklab Glass Carboy for $30. Order via Subscribe & Save and it falls to $25.50. With free shipping, it's the lowest total price we could find for a glass carboy of this size, though it was $2 less last year. A carboy is typically used in brewing or winemaking.

Be sure to cancel Subscribe & Save after your order ships to avoid being billed for subsequent shipments

These are a great deal. Amazon seems to run this every 2-3 months. I got one last time around and it's made in Italy, which is nice because they are known for their great glass workmanship. Arrived in one piece and the free shipping is a bonus. At my LHBS these go for around $50 if they even have them in stock.

beerloaf

im glad to hear they are good quality, i just ordered one figuring for only $30, why not, i certainly need another one. im glad i didnt waste my money

Thanks a lot for the heads up. I take advantage of Amazons subscriptions as much as possible! I needed some 3gl secondaries for upcoming lagars. Most of my brews are small till I get my technique down. At $21 shipped sounds good bought 2!

u can have your cheap whoppers. when i need a new liver from drinking too many homebrews it won't cost me a thing. haha

u can have your cheap whoppers. when i need a new liver from drinking too many homebrews it won't cost me a thing. haha

IF you survive the wait to get surgery, testing, etc. Main reason why YOUR officials come down to the USA for medical. Hell Florida has more MRI then your whole country....who's laughing now

Just bought four with the points on my amazon card. Gotta love getting stuff for free... (using my credit card all the time instead of my debit card)

IF you survive the wait to get surgery, testing, etc. Main reason why YOUR officials come down to the USA for medical. Hell Florida has more MRI then your whole country....who's laughing now

I'm laughing! :D (it's funny!) I also only pay $22.95 ea. for 6 g glass carbouys @ my LHBS. Regards, GF.

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered two. Hope there's enough head space for the average fermentation!

:mug:

Blowoff tubes are your friend. I use these exclusively for primary - about one in 5 batches on ales needs a blow off tube it seems. Haven't figured out a common thread to that and just chalk it up to yeast personality at this point.

Nice quality though and can't beat the price here anyway.

I ordered one of these 23L from Amazon a couple days ago. I'm curious, what does Save-on-Foods expect their customers to use them for? Water or something?

Ordered 6 on Wednesday, they'd arrived while we were gone for the weekend- probably Friday or Saturday. Should be able to have 3x 10g batchs going at once now and not worry about scratches in plastic buckets... An it's also sized my system for me!

These glass carboys are so ridiculously dirt cheap used where I live. Plus once you're part of the brewing/winemaking community people just start giving them to you. I have something like twenty-five three, five and six gallon carboys and probably only bought about ten of them myself. I can get them used all day long for ten bucks around here.

Back