Fantasy football anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a FFB freak, and it seems like we have more football fans around now than last year. Anyone up for an HBT league? We'd need at least 8 people to get a good league, and we need to set it up soon.

I am in 5 leagues already, but I'd be willing to do one more. I've found yahoo is one of the best free FFB leagues.

What say you?

Oh, that's a great idea. We should all be committed to sending a sixer to the winner. You will, of course, be required to contribute some Pliny.

I'm a FFB virgin, but I'm interested. I just ask that you are gentle...

the_bird said:
Oh, that's a great idea. We should all be committed to sending a sixer to the winner. You will, of course, be required to contribute some Pliny.

I'm a FFB virgin, but I'm interested. I just ask that you are gentle...

We should do something so 3 top 3 finisher get some homebrew--the winner more than everyone else....

And FFB is simple. If you are a football fan, you can do it. We need at least 8 though, and we need to get a league set up soon.

I've always wanted to play (baseball too), but they block all fastasy sites at work. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why a company would block those types of sites :D

the_bird said:
Walker was talkin' smack about football last night, so we'll have to draft him. Who else was in that thread?

I'm expecting hurricanefloyd, desertbrew, walker, and boston brewin' to get in. That is at least 6 of us then. I know we can get at least 2 more after that.

I'm in 2 leagues but I'm willing to do a 3rd. I'm already in a Yahoo and NFL.com league and I would interested in trying ESPN's FF league. Of course, it doesn't matter which site we use.....I'll win it all no matter which site we pick. :D

HurricaneFloyd said:
I'm in 2 leagues but I'm willing to do a 3rd. I'm already in a Yahoo and NFL.com league and I would interested in trying ESPN's FF league. Of course, it doesn't matter which site we use.....I'll win it all no matter which site we pick. :D

I am in an ESPN league and I'm not impressed. Yeah teh FFB is free, but any research on players or watching scores or anythign like that you need to pay for. Yahoo just seems way more user friendly to me. I knew you'd get in. :)

Bird, I love the homebrew proposal. Can't wait to get my homebrew from all of you guys.

Really? That's disappointing.... I figured ESPN would have done better than that. I'm cool with Yahoo.

Andre Agassi said:
Hey I love Fanatsy Football too. I do it every year on yahoo. How we gonna set it up?

Whaddya mean? I think we should just do a simple, no frills league. Keep it simple for those that haven't played it.

I DO think however, that we need to do a live draft. It is very simple on yahoo. And if you can't be there for it, the computer will pick your players automatically. It does a fair job. I'd recommend ranking at least 50-75 players though.

Yahoo just did an auto-draft for me this morning. Yuck. Roy Williams was my 4th round pick. :confused: We should definitely do a live draft.

the_bird said:
Live draft is definately in order. Does Yahoo have a chat function so we can talk smack as the picks are made?

I'd really like to play, but getting a live draft set up to when everyone can attend would be damn near impossible, IMHO.

If you still need people, I'll play too. If not, no big deal... I'm already in a Yahoo league with my friends, I don't need another distraction from work THAT badly :)

So are we on? Doing an autopick draft? Who's the commish?

The only thing I'd ask is that we don't do the draft until early next week, give me the weekend to do a little studying. Have to get into the mindset of a universe where Peyton Manning is more valuable than Tom Brady (*shudder*).

ill definitly be down for ffb, im in a few leagues already but the possibility of homebrew is too strong to resist!

Ya, I'd go in on it. I've never done a football before, but I'm game. Somebody set it up this afternoon, if they have time?

All set up. Go here:

We can have up to 16 teams. I set up a live draft for Tuesday @ 4PM Eastern, we'll discuss more on this in this thread. I want to do a live draft, but the times to make an appointment are getting more and more scarce. If everyone is ready, we could do one Saturday evening, which would be cool with me. Let me know what is good for everyone. Remember even if you may not be able to be there for the draft, you can rank players (once you sign up) and the computer will pick for you.

Go here to join up (you must have a FREE yahoo account to participate):

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinprivateleague_league_select?.scrumb=

League ID: 637466
password: beer

Please, serious entries only. If you won't be able to spend time on this and update your team at least once a week, don't enter. Someone who doesn't update thier team brings the rest of the league down.

Hand me the trophy fools.

So the draft is Tuesday at 4pm EST? Can we push that time back?

HurricaneFloyd said:
So the draft is Tuesday at 4pm EST? Can we push that time back?

That was all they had this late in the game. I can change the dates/times, but you are subject to whatever the yahoo system has left. Right now there is an opening for 7 PM saturday, I think we should do that. Or tonight has some openings. But all of next week, 4 PM was the latest I could get. I think we should draft Saturday at 7 personally.....

I'm now registered as "more_Bruschi"

Tuesday evening would be best for me, or at least waiting until a touch after 5:00. I'm on the local United Way's board of directors, and I have a finance committee meeting at 4:00, usually takes a bit more than an hour. I should be able to get SWMBO to handle baby-duty that night, but if I'm stuck here in the office then having a homebrew or two during the draft will be a little out of the question (we only drink at work on Thursdays :D)

Will people be too soused to do the draft Monday afternoon/evening?

Given that piece of info, Saturday at 7:00 is best. I'd rather be less prepared for the draft than not be able to make it, and I'd rather be drinking than not!

I vote for Saturday at 7:00pm too. I know that's not much notice but it's better than Yahoo's auto-draft and it's better for any left coast people. (Trust me, you don't want them to start on an east coast bias rant!)

Plus, the draft on Saturday would lead right into Notre Dame vs. Georgia Tech!!! :rockin:

2nd Street Brewery said:
I have my Yahoo acct but forgot the fantasy sites were blocked at work. I'll have to join the league when I get home. Leave a space for me:mug:

I can change the amount of teams too--I think we can go all the way up to 20 teams. We'll have plenty of room.

Everyone needs to get in ASAP though.

Back