Any remarks on "Flyingdog" Ales

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muscleshoalsbrewer

Reaction score
I realized that their are alot of beer styles that i have not yet tried. So i ran down to the local package store not expecting to find much of a selection because of being in Alabama (no beer over 6%abv), and was stoked to find a 12 pack (mixed) of some "Flyingdogale" it contined (2)classic pale ales, (2)wheat hefeweizen, (2) amber lager, (2) golden ale, (2) porter, and like finding a 4 leaf clover in your front yard, a belgen style triple (8.5% abv), this triple was not listed on the box and because of our screwed up laws is an awsome find! cant wait for them to chill so i can start sampeling. thought i would just see if anyone had tried these beers before. i have been looking at a triple from Austinbrewing supply so i will prob try that first.

p.s I tried a "green" Abby that was 2 weeks young today......cant wait for the 6week mark to arrive because it was awsome now.

I live near the flying dog brewery in Frederick, MD. Gone a few times over the last 3 months. Can't beat $5 for 4 hours of unlimited "sampling". Definitely a good operation they have going on. For the most part they are highly hopped beers with a different taste. I haven't had the belgen style tripel though.

My all time favorite of theirs is the Doggie Style Classic Pale Ale.

On a side note, wondering how they sell flying dog down there since at least 3 varieties of theirs are over 6%.

MC- they didnt have any other "flyingdog" just the mixer, like i said awsome find on the " triple", getting to try any microbrew here sucks, they did have a rogue deadguy ale, and some sierra nevada pale ale but thats about it. I travel for work (construction project manager) but all of my jobs are in Mississippi gulf coast and alabama gulf coast. i am close to pensacola FL. wonder if they have those nasty beer laws in place?

+1 on being hops happy.

I went to the Frederick for the ABA membership event a couple months back. The tour was great if you ever get a chance stop in on a Saturday, tour day.

Back