Looking for a Homebrew Shop in FL!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz_Armstrong

Reaction score
I'm relocating to Southwest Florida (Fort Myers) and I can't seem to find anyplace that will help me keep the dream alive!!!

Will I be reduced to online shopping and shipping?

Will I have to drive across alligator alley to the Miami area or 1.75 hours north to Tampa?

Whatever will I do?!

Does anyone know of a local homebrew shop in the area? I've Googled my butt off and can't come up with anything nearby.

There is are 2 places here on the southeast side. 1st is Brewmaster's in Davie (Ft. Lauderdale). I haven't been there and I have heard it is closing. 2nd is BXBeerDepot in West Palm Beach. Those are the only 2 I am aware of.

You can also go to the Better Bottle website and look at their distributor list for Florida and you might find something closer.

Will I be reduced to online shopping and shipping?

Not to take away from the LHBS (I also support mine), but what's wrong with online shopping? I also shop online, since places like Northern Brewer offer a large selection without anymore price. I still shop locally too for instant things....OK, I spread the wealth :ban: :D

Not to take away from the LHBS (I also support mine), but what's wrong with online shopping? I also shop online, since places like Northern Brewer offer a large selection without anymore price. I still shop locally too for instant things....OK, I spread the wealth :ban: :D

I like the convenience of shopping online, but now and then I like to gawk around the LHBS and just pickup things I see that look irresistible.

Guess I'll have to travel for those daydreaming trips.

I live in SW Florida, just started brewing and had to do the online thing. There is absolutely nothing in Naples or Fort Myers. As you stated, the only good options are north to Tampa and to the East Coast.

I'm sure you found the places in Tampa and out East...I go to Tampa every now and then, shoot me a PM and I may be able to help out now and then.

I order online and I'm trying to get a "wine supply" shop in Cape Coral to carry ingredients. Demand will tell
I'm planning a trip to Beer Depot sometime after Thanksgiving (I'm almost out of base grain)

Buzz_Armstrong PM me when you get here

lespedeza where are you

niquejim, I'm out in LaBelle, work in Immokalee. Normally only make it to FM when I'm heading N and I generally just pass right by it. I've lived here for 3+ years and have yet to make it out to the Cape. Glad to see there are some other folks in SW FL.

If you make the trip to Tampa, I must suggest Southern Brewing Supply. They're actually a brewery supplier for the entire southeast, so when you go you can be sure they'll have what you need. They're ramping up the home brewing side of things and they have most any piece of equipment you need, but the best part is the warehouse of ingredients. 2 warehouses actually. Any grain, yeast, hops I've ever needed they always have in abundance. You can even have a beer at the bar usually. My trips there rarely last less than an hour. Brian is the owner and always polite and helpful.

PS- I'm not on their payroll :)

i think brewmasters in davie, fl is closed. i went there 3 times in one week. they were closed everytime. so now i resorted to online shopping. someone should open up a brewsupply shop. they would clean up in south florida.

I know that I am not LHBS for browsing around a store, but I have a lot of customers from FL. If you ever need anything, please take a look at the website. The shipping from Atlanta is very fast.

Ed

I know it's too far, but there's a store in Jax.

I love the store in Jax. Their website sucks pretty bad but they are really nice and no matter how stupid my questions have been have been able to steer me in the right direction. (justbrewitjax.com)

There is also a store in orlando but they have always been very short with me when I go in. I feel like a lhbs should be similar to a book store. A place to hang out and relax and dream about what could be. Then proceed to max out your credit card.

I opened a homebrew supply store in Naples, Fl. It is called Brewing Daily. I am on 2795 Davis Blvd, Naples Fl 34104.

My website is brewingdaily.com
My phone number is (239) 263-BREW (2739)

Come on by and check us out!

Matthew

Hangar 41 Winery and Brew Shop
& Time To Make Wine
10970 South Cleveland Ave #304
Fort Myers, FL 33907

239-542-8466

Pretty good selection. Onsite Milling. Fresh Yeast and Hops. GREAT customer service!

Support Local Business!

Back