Does this look like an appropriate nitrogen regulator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paranode

Reaction score
Will be adding nitrogen to my keg setup eventually and came across what seems like a good deal on a regulator. Looks like the proper CGA 580 connector to me.

0102120116130103052008020754a7f97e78955df37900dc3e.jpg

Look like the right kind of thing? I think it was bought to be used in some kind of car-nitro setup but it's new and unused. Doesn't seem to have a hose barb w/ shut-off valve tho, not sure how much those are.

Hmmmm..car nitro is nitrous oxide, beer nitro is nitrogen. Not sure to answer your ? if this is a usable reg though.

It appears to be something you can use, as long as you can get a bottle with the same fitting. Many places just use a standard CO2 bottle for beer gas (75% nitrogen, 25% carbon dioxide). However, you can probably get them to fill a bottle with the appropriate fitting for your use.

Well I think I'll just buy a "made for beer" type nitrogen regulator because I got a better picture of that one and the PSI gauges are 0-400 on one and 0-4000 on the other so I think it's meant for other applications.

Back