Grain Storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that'd be great, but humidity is a more important factor than temp. 75F @ 10% humidity is better than 50F @ 80% humidity. i use Cambro bins. they're made for the food service industry. i'm not sure that they're TOTALLY air tight, but pretty close. i always leave my grain in the bag it comes in from northern brewer, and peel off the sticker label and stick it on the outside of the bin. i've never bought a big 55lb sack of grain, but when i do, i'll probably break it down into 8-10lb bags and vacuum seal them with the foodsaver.

I use plastic bins too. They work great!!! Just make sure when your shopping for them that they seal tightly. some I have looked at didn't

I have a wack of plastic bags a brewing buddy gave me that will fit 2 pounds of grain. So I use my foodsaver to bag it up when I open a sack after removing what I need to brew with.
It then goes back in its origional sack and down in my cool basement.

I use these:
Ziploc_Big_Bags-resized200.jpg

They hold about 30-35lbs of grain each. 4 for $4.50 at wal mart.

Back