Bad Craigslist deal...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, unless he's got a bunch more equipment to throw in, his claims are a bit lofty. If you're interested, make him a lowball offer of $25 and see how much he's willing to compromise.

Someone should send him an email and ask him if he's trying to sell this stuff to support his crack addiction. :cross:

Someone's just trying to turn a nice profit by finding some idiot who has no idea how much this stuff is worth or where to look for it. Hey, it's on Craigslist - it's got to be a great deal, right?

the_bird said:
Someone's just trying to turn a nice profit by finding some idiot who has no idea how much this stuff is worth or where to look for it. Hey, it's on Craigslist - it's got to be a great deal, right?

Or maybe he is the idiot and paid $300 for that stuff and is thinking he is giving someone a good deal @ $150.

Not a bad business model for the ethically challenged; drop $100 on a basic kit, turn around and try and sell it for $150. Worst-case - you've got more gear!

the_bird said:
Not a bad business model for the ethically challenged; drop $100 on a basic kit, turn around and try and sell it for $150. Worst-case - you've got more gear!

Wife: You need to quit brewing. Sell that gear. How much did you pay for it all?

Hubby: $400.

Wife: Sell it for $150. Get it out of here!!

Hubby: (hehehehe)

Cheesefood said:
Wife: You need to quit brewing. Sell that gear. How much did you pay for it all?

Hubby: $400.

Wife: Sell it for $150. Get it out of here!!

Hubby: (hehehehe)

You would never, EVER inflate the amount that you spend on brewing gear to the wife. NEVER.

one word --- DIPSTICK

I kind of seewhat cheese is saying - after a couple of weeks "Gee hon, I don't know why I can't sell it at that giveaway price. maybe I should just keep it...

the_bird said:
You would never, EVER inflate the amount that you spend on brewing gear to the wife. NEVER.

Would you rather argue about a sunk expense or give up brewing?

How about this:

Bill for all of his stuff ~$75
Bill for the strip club with friends: $400

Told the wife... "Spent $400 on brewing gear."

See how you can sink in a strip club trip? Now all you need to do is hide the brewing catalogs (not like she'll read them) and she has no way to verify your price.

Cheesefood said:
Would you rather argue about a sunk expense or give up brewing?

How about this:

Bill for all of his stuff ~$75
Bill for the strip club with friends: $400

Told the wife... "Spent $400 on brewing gear."

See how you can sink in a strip club trip? Now all you need to do is hide the brewing catalogs (not like she'll read them) and she has no way to verify your price.

That's a real dangerout game your proposing! You're liable to be cut off from any further brewing purchases, AND she'll still prolly pick up the stripper-perfume on your clothers when she's doing laundry...

the_bird said:
That's a real dangerout game your proposing! You're liable to be cut off from any further brewing purchases, AND she'll still prolly pick up the stripper-perfume on your clothers when she's doing laundry...

Glitter is the new smoking gun.

the_bird said:

Damn those new NO SMOKING laws!!!

You easily combat that by doing your own laundry.

olllllo said:
Glitter is the new smoking gun.
I can't tell you how many times my buddy has stopped by my house on the way home from the stripclub, just for a mirror check and a chance to wash the glitter and perfume off!

Sometimes he'll leave me all his dollar bills, just so he doesn't have to explain why he's got $20 worth of singles in his wallet. Married folk...

Back