Will a wort chiller work with my faucet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alerievay

Reaction score
I have a portable dishwasher fixture on my kitchen sink faucet. Here is the best image I can find.

I can't take this off to use a wort chiller, and I don't have access to a garden hose. Are there any solutions to this problem, or am I going to have to go without until we move in a couple of years? Thanks!

Can you get another one of those connector thingies and rig up your chiller with it?

How does the hose connect to the dishwasher? Can you connect it to the chiller?

I had the same thing on my sink and had to remove it. It just unthreads from the faucet. You'll have to get an adapter for the faucet to fit the hose connections on your chiller though.

brloomis said:
Can you get another one of those connector thingies and rig up your chiller with it?

How does the hose connect to the dishwasher? Can you connect it to the chiller?

Hmm. The first is a thought, but I need to see what I can find.

The hose is a retractable hose--no way it's going to be connected to the chiller.

eddie said:
I had the same thing on my sink and had to remove it. It just unthreads from the faucet. You'll have to get an adapter for the faucet to fit the hose connections on your chiller though.

Thanks. It might be worth it, but I really hoped there was an easier solution. :)

Back