Side by side! Blue moon vs. Blue moon clone.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phattony

Reaction score
Here is my second brew. A blue moon clone compared to the real thing. Pretty easy to tell which is which IMO. But, they tasted almost identical. Really pleased! :mug: cheers!

image.jpg

I'm going to guess the one in the green glass is the real Blue Moon.... wait, they're both the same type glass. Bravissimo! Ok second bait: I bet the flat one is the Blue Moon.

Second brew? Not bad at all. (or Beginner's luck ;)

yea i think the flatter looking one is the blue moon it also looks a little clearer

but yea good job!

Not being one to consume much Blue Moon, if given the option I'd drink the one on the right

Haha, indeed my second brew. The one on the right is mine (wish I had the clarity of the original). I'm very surprised how close they are in taste...perhaps beginners luck but my taste test panel of friends has approved! So I guess, mission accomplished! :mug: cheers!

Haha, indeed my second brew. The one on the right is mine (wish I had the clarity of the original). I'm very surprised how close they are in taste...perhaps beginners luck but my taste test panel of friends has approved! So I guess, mission accomplished! :mug: cheers!

how long was the beer in the fridge?

I kinda rushed this one, it was chilled for three days.

gotcha, the longer the better for clearing but i have found that kegging seems to make it clearer cause you cant drink it as fast per container (obviously) haha

Hulud said:
gotcha, the longer the better for clearing but i have found that kegging seems to make it clearer cause you cant drink it as fast per container (obviously) haha

I'm looking into kegging, I have a kegarator already. It's just converting to do home-brew. I like the thought but I like having bottles too. I'm more torn than Natalie Imbruglia... :drunk:

I'm looking into kegging, I have a kegarator already. It's just converting to do home-brew. I like the thought but I like having bottles too. I'm more torn than Natalie Imbruglia... :drunk:

lol nice reference

but there is a thread on here where you can buy an adapter to bottle from the keg. its called the bowie bottle adapter (dunno the thread name for sure, probably the name haha).

i have it and it works great to bottle what you want to and have some on tap too. only problem is not being lazy and bottling stuff to empty kegs :mug:

Latest posts

Back