Just Finished

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justbrewit

Zythos Conisseur
Reaction score
well, after about 8 year, i'm finally brewing another batch. i just finished it and i'm waiting on my yeast to start. only problem i had was my hop bag came open during the boil. that released about 1 to 1 1/2 oz of hops. i'm hoping this will settle out in the primary. it had 9.3 lbs of golden malt extract, 4 oz of cascade hops and it smelled like heaven!!!! i'm a big hop head and i can't wait to try it, but i have to wait 6 weeks before i can taste it.

yippie!!! i have homebrew on the way!!!!!!! :D

at least you are in Germany where great beer is available on virtually every corner. That should take the edge off having to wait 6 weeks for your homebrew!

God... I miss Germany a lot.

Congrats on your brew! And welcome back!

-walker

tell you the truth, i can't really stand german beer!!! i'm a BIG hop head and i'm jonesin over here!!! nothing but pil and lager for miles!!!!! some one send me a SN pale ale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, i'm better now. sorry

don't they sell anything at the PX?

Also, when I lived there I found it pretty easy to pick up some Irish and English ales at the markets, but maybe I was just lucky. There seemed to be a LOT of Irish people where I lived (a little south of Stuttgart.)

-walker

all they have at the irish pub if murpheys irish stout and murpheys red, thats it, not enough hops at all! i'd kill for an IPA or a barely wine right about now!!

HopHelper

Available in Bittering and Aroma! Just carry a bottle of each with you. [The management is not responsible for hostile reactions of the natives]

justbrewit said:
all they have at the irish pub if murpheys irish stout and murpheys red, thats it, not enough hops at all! i'd kill for an IPA or a barely wine right about now!!
Mental note: Don't go near Germany without hoppy beer

well, i checked it this morning and it was bubblin just fine. i thought that i killed my yeast. my fridge isn't that consistant, and i thought i heard ice in the yeast pack!!! not a good thing!! so just to make sure i pitched a second yeast pack. here the 2 yeasts i used;

Wyeast #1332 Northwest Ale Yeast. One of the classic ale strains from the Northwest U.S. Breweries. Produces a malty and mildly fruity ale with good depth and complexity. Flocculation: high. Apparent attenuation: 67-71%. Optimum temperature: 65-75.

Wyeast #1084 Irish Ale Yeast. Slight residual diacetyl and fruitiness; great for stouts. Clean, smooth, soft and full-bodied. Flocculation: medium. Apparent attenuation: 71-75%. Optimum temperature: 62-72.

think it will taste funny?? the irish ale yeast is the one that was supposed to go in the kit and thats the one i thought i killed. what are your thoughts???

btw, the ale i'm in my primary that i'm talking about is a nothern brewer high gravity ale kit of the same name!

Back