Happy Camper IPA Clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnerd154

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been a frequent browser of the forums for a few months now, and just joined today to ask for some help. I've been brewing for about 4 months and came out with 4 delicious, 5-gallon batches, each of them from extract. Now that I've gained some experience (and saved up some cash for more equipment!) I'm looking to step up to all-grain recipes, and maybe start building my own recipes.

That being said I'm looking for some help getting started. I LOVE Santa Fe Brewing Company's Happy Camper IPA and would like to brew something ver similar. Does anyone know where to start? Is there a recipe available somewhere?

Over the past 2 weeks I've done extensive searches on this site and others with no luck. If someone could provide some advice I would be very appreciative!

Thanks!
Jon

Starting Gravity: 15.5 degrees Plato
Ending Gravity: 2.8 degrees Plato
Malts: 2-row pale, Munich, Crystal
Hops: Cascade, Simcoe, Bravo, Amarillo, Summit
Yeast: House Ale
Alcohol Content: 6.6%

I pulled this of there website that was all i could find as well. I would like to try clone this as well.

is there an IPA similar to it, I have never had this beer

Thats the thing - I've never had anything like it. And it's SO good.

My personal thoughts, but I might be way off base here:
Aroma - hops all over the place, citrusy, bitter, amazing. Flavor is characterized by a deep maltyness, and a strong hoppy citrus flavor - orange, lemon, grapefruit, and light notes of pine (particularly in the finish). There is also a light caramel or toffee flavor to the finish, "nutty" might be the description. (But I'm allergic to nuts, so I'm not really qualified to use that word :cross: ) The alcohol taste comes through, but that's not uncommon (in my experience) with IPAs.

Thoughts? I don't even know where to begin.

Back