Mashtun help/coleman cooler deal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slater

Reaction score
Hey all, just need some quick input and wanted some people to see this deal I saw on slickdeals.net. I am going to be moving soon and will have enough room to (hopefully) set up an AG area in the townhouse. I need a cooler to convert. I found this http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3012047

I was looking at that 48 Quart coleman to convert. Do you guys think that is a good investment?

Thanks!:mug:

For the next couple of years (if not more) I will most likely only be doing 5 gallons batches as I would not have the money to upgrade to 10 gallon batches. I am perfectly fine with sticking to 5 gallons batches for a while.

Would one of those be better than the other?

I may go with the cheaper one on sale just to keep the cost down.

For the next couple of years (if not more) I will most likely only be doing 5 gallons batches as I would not have the money to upgrade to 10 gallon batches. I am perfectly fine with sticking to 5 gallons batches for a while.

Would one of those be better than the other?

I may go with the cheaper one on sale just to keep the cost down.

I use a 48 Qt and there is still alot of room even with 14-16 lb of grain and mash in water. I would think the other one would be better for 10 gal batches, although I bet we could get a low gravity 10 gal batch in the 48 as well.(I havent tried yet)

Back