Cali

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Just got back from touring through it. Very nice State!

Made a huge mistake of taking an Amtrak from San Antonio to Los Angeles. I thought having a room would make the trip relaxing but long story short, Amtrak is ****ing terrible to put it lightly.

Went from LA up 1 to San Francisco stopping along the way here and there. Amazing topography and weather.

pool2.jpg

train.jpg

Hearst Castle?? I was there twice while living in CA for 3 months for a job. I had 80% of my time just waiting so we were often allowed to go home after showing up for work, we just needed to be available so I between that and weekends I traveled all over and up and down CA. Love the place!!

Traveling to CA by train may not be great, but traveling in CA by train is awesome. Hope you enjoyed your trip. Did you stop at any of our breweries?

Hwy 1 between Santa Barbara and South San Francisco is one of my favorite roads in California. Morro Bay to Carmel is just awesome! But I have to say, north of San Francisco is just as beautiful in it's own way. One of these days I'm going to tour the whole thing via motorcycle...

Lots of bike riders on 1. I wouldn't want to ride that road through those switchbacks. We stayed in Cambria for awhile, very nice place. Did a couple tours at Heart Castle and checked out the seals.

Back