First all grain jester king noble king

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buntung483

Reaction score
So I've just completed fermentation of my jester king noble king clone. This was my first all grain beer and first time using the system.

So. On brew day I was fortunate enough to hit my numbers even though my mash temp dropped a bit after sitting for a while.

I fave just taken a final gravity reading which was 1.003 1 point less than the jester king recipe. So I'm glad was so close. Means I did something right.

Only thing is. warm and not carbonated out of the carboy it is a little less hoppier than the genuine. I'm thinking that the yeast wyeast 3711 has a stronger flavour over the hops at 76degrees or at least hope.

Anyone able to give any info on what they think. I just can't wait for it to be ready and do a side by side.

Have to give a shout out to the brewin network. All the info has made me able to brew what I have so far. If wasn't for them I would probably still think cleaning and sanitizing we're the same.

And cheers to jester king for the recipe and info. And those great farmhouse ales

Warm and flat beer doesn't taste like cool and carbonated. Wait until you have it out of the bottle in a few weeks before you reach a conclusion. And monitor how the flavor changes, in the bottle, over the next month(s).

All flavors will be subdued at cool temperatures, the beer will likely seem a little less hoppy (in flavor) at serving temps, though carbonation may improve the aroma.

Well in saying that. It's more the aroma I'm not noticing. Hopefully once carbonated will be there. Either way I'm sure will still be tasty

I've actually helped bottle this beer at the brewery, and taken fresh bottles from bottling day home (flat and warm, because they bottle condition) and the aroma isn't as noticeable when fresh. Give it some time, and it will come together.

Side note: it probably won't taste identical, unless you used dregs from the bottle, as their house yeast is unique to only their brewery.

Cheers

Wanted to bump this and second the recipe request. I have 2 bottles of noble king, I'd like to harvest the yeast for a clone. Please and thank you!

Triple bump!

I'm working on a couple random guesses at their Atrial Rubicite (though I am using different fruit and have some actual helpful info about the brew), and the RU55 (this is a total stab in the dark based on the info on their website) in the next two weeks. I'd hope to have some dregs to pitch in, but alas, I can't find any of their beer in these parts. Anyone who's had these two (I never have) or has a decent idea of the grist for the RU55, I'd love to compare notes. I'm curious their mash schedule, which I am guessing is a single infusion at a high temp for all their beers.

TD

Back