My first beer from my first batch!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeshivers

Reaction score
Well I'm glad to report that my first beer from my first batch turned out wonderfully. I thought for sure that I had screwed up, or contaminated. It has a great color, head retention and carbonation. Best of all, it's tasty as hell! I love this hobby.

That's good to know, and very encouraging! I just made my first batch Friday night and can't wait until I can drink it. How long did you wait, from start to finish? And what type of brew is it?

I, too, felt I screwed up, but everyone's been telling me to calm down. Apparently this hobby is impossible to master, but always yields amazing results!

I'm halfway into my first case of Nut Brown Ale and I got a tester bottle of my Cream Ale in the fridge. This was supposed to make it to Thanksgiving- burp!!:drunk: I love Research and development

That's good to know, and very encouraging! I just made my first batch Friday night and can't wait until I can drink it. How long did you wait, from start to finish? And what type of brew is it?

I, too, felt I screwed up, but everyone's been telling me to calm down. Apparently this hobby is impossible to master, but always yields amazing results!

I made a Belgian Trippel. I brewed it about a month ago so 10 days in the primary, ~10 more in the secondary and ~ 10 in the bottle. I know I should have waited longer to taste it, but I couldn't resist.

A few things I would recommend and what I'm going to start doing is to make a log book of what you brewed, and what you would do different. For instance, my yeast didn't start doing its thing until day 3 of being in the fermenter. I panicked and started screwing with the carboy. Also, my secondary was still bubbling ever so slightly but I bottled it anyways. That was a big no-no, but no bottles have exploded yet.

In the end, I had a lot of yeast on teh bottom of my bottles, but it still tastes excellent.

Cheers.

I'm halfway into my first case of Nut Brown Ale and I got a tester bottle of my Cream Ale in the fridge. This was supposed to make it to Thanksgiving- burp!!:drunk: I love Research and development

R&D is my favorite part of the process :D

Back