Is there anything that can't be paired with beer??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewkowski

Reaction score
It goes with everything right? With so many beers out there, is there any dish or food that just doesn't seem to work with some kind of beer? This could be a new challenge, find one food that just doesn't go with beer. Any suggestions?

Wine.

"Never mix beer and wine, ever."
-Bill Murray, Groundhog Day

I've never tried it but sounds like a good idea to me.

I don't enjoy beer with my breakfast cereal, but hey maybe that's just me.

Glazed donuts and hefeweizen or Cocoa Pops with a milk stout? Not exactly the breakfast of champions huh?

I guess this really just depends on your tastes. For example some people love beer and crabs. I don't like crabs so for me this would not apply but is a reasonable pairing for some. I would never have a beer with sweet foods but again just me; but I also don't like sweet or chocolate beers either. I am sure someone out there likes washing down pixie sticks with a beer. I personally like beer with my beer and then eat once I had my fill.

I guess this really just depends on your tastes. For example some people love beer and crabs. I don't like crabs so for me this would not apply but is a reasonable pairing for some. I would never have a beer with sweet foods but again just me; but I also don't like sweet or chocolate beers either. I am sure someone out there likes washing down pixie sticks with a beer. I personally like beer with my beer and then eat once I had my fill.

Kind of a Yes but No on this.

My wife detests any beer with a wheat character or any Belgian yeast signature other than sour. We had a bitter arugula salad paired with a Wit. She normally would not drink a wit, however, the bitterness of the salad cut through the flavor that she doesn't like and made the wit spices shine though and compliment the wit based dressing.

Hmmmmmmm, Pixie sticks......I'm thinking.....

Anyonve ever carbed with pixie sticks?

I might have to try that on 1 beer in my next batch. Maybe I just stumbled upon the next great thing in beer but it would probably result in some terrible off flavors.

porkbrains.jpg

Not sure what would go with these...

OMG, what the hell are pork brains? Well I can figure out what they are, but how would you even prepare those? I'm thinking any beer would go with them as long as it got rid of the taste. Where did you find those?

Back