Ranco not turning off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slim chillingsworth

Reaction score
I just bought a new ranco controller to replace on that I dropped which was malfunctioning. It was sending power to the freezer but not cutting off at all. I wired up the new one and am now having the same problem. My guess is that my wiring is off, but it looks like the diagrams I've followed on various websites. I just came home to find my kegerator at 30* even though the ranco is set to 50 with a differential of 3. I plan on taking another look at the wiring in the morning, but I figured I'd toss this out there and see if anyone can think of an obvious problem in my wiring or otherwise.

edit: came across this thread (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/ranco-wiring-what-did-i-do-wrong-26496/) and will check the wiring tomorrow...

Do you have it set to heating mode? IIRC, during programming, it displays an H or C for heating or cooling, respectively. Yours should be set to cooling mode.

Back