Anyone used Brewferm KRIEK?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewjapan

Reaction score
I have a kit of this. I'm wonding whether people have deviated from the kit instructions in any way - eg, replacing sugar with malt extract; adding cherries to the secondary.

If you have experience with Brewferm Kriek, please post how you made it and your results. Thanks!

I have a kit of this. I'm wonding whether people have deviated from the kit instructions in any way - eg, replacing sugar with malt extract; adding cherries to the secondary.

If you have experience with Brewferm Kriek, please post how you made it and your results. Thanks!

Why would you want to replace the sugar? In a kriek, you're going to want to let it dry out as much as possible, and that sugar is going to help. I'm assuming it is about 10-15% of the fermentables?

I've never seen that kit before so I really can't comment on anything else, but I wouldn't change the sugar.

Back