MoreBeer "Black Friday" Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdburg

Reaction score
Just in case people don't see it, I thought I'd pass this along:

MoreBeer | Black Friday Sale

If anyone is looking for a new kettle, you can get 30% off a 15 gallon or 26 gallon heavy duty kettle. I'm using the 15 gallon kettle, and it's a nice pot.

Saw it and considered it. As a Canadian it's the UPS shipping and brokerage that kills me. I can get Blichmann kettles shipped to the US (Ogdensburg, NY) a hour south of me for $8 from NorthernBrewer.

The book "How to Brew" by Palmer is a good read however and highly recommended for anyone new to AG brewing (or brewing in general actually).

Kal

Saw it and considered it. As a Canadian it's the UPS shipping and brokerage that kills me. I can get Blichmann kettles shipped to the US (Ogdensburg, NY) a hour south of me for $8 from NorthernBrewer.

The book "How to Brew" by Palmer is a good read however and highly recommended for anyone new to AG brewing (or brewing in general actually).

Kal

Actually, as a Canadian, you should fall down on your knees and give thanks to god that Alex Lifeson, Geddy Lee and Neil Peart are your fellow countrymen :rockin:

Actually, as a Canadian, you should fall down on your knees and give thanks to god that Alex Lifeson, Geddy Lee and Neil Peart are your fellow countrymen :rockin:

Yeah! That and the fact that GSP, Patrick Cote, and Jonathan Goulet are your fellow countrymen too! (And that they could royally kick our asses) :cross:
-Me

Yeah, but they deserve to have them in exchange for tolerating the existence of Bryan Adams and Corey Hart within their borders.

I went for the 26 gallon pot. I hope it isn't too much over kill. Currantly doing 5 gallon batches but want to start doing 10 and was worrying about boil over in a 15 gal. kettle. wouul I still be able to do 5 gallons in this big kettle or is it too big?

I'm in the same boat as you and went with the 15. I have an 8 now (it's just a tad tight on volume), and figuring going to 10 gallon batches would give me 6 more gallons of liquid to start, I should have an extra gallon to spare for head space.

Back