Looking for an all grain brewer in the Western/NW PA area or E/ NE Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmarshall

Reaction score
Looking to find someone semi local that does all grain full mash brews to help me out... It would be simple.

What you would (possibly) do - brew, as you normally do, as if nothing was any different at all. Perhaps drink a beer or 3.

What I would (possibly) do - Watch and learn. I have read several articles about it, bit I still feel like I would understand the process better if I watched it being done. I would be willing to help some. Perhaps drink a beer or 3. (I can provide these beers, but they will likely be commercial as I have almost no homebrew left.)

Anyone interested?

To bad I'm in the opposite corner of the state. Always enjoy company on brew days.. Good luck with your quest!

im over in punxsutawney. but i have all my fermentors tied up for the next month :D

ill be doing a scotch ale, apple pie ale, and ipa in about 1-1 1/2 months if you can wait.
if not there's the homebrew shop in clarion. owners real cool there and might be able to help out

It's a shame that you are posting this now, on 11/2 we had a group brew day up in Erie with three of us doing all grain batches during our meeting. We also had a pretty big chinese auction and a lot of beer was drank. It would have given you a great introduction to the club and got all the info on brewing you would have wanted to know

Hey Jim. I'm in Tarentum which isn't too far from you I don't think. You could gladly sit in on a brew session with me.

Hey Jim. I'm in Tarentum which isn't too far from you I don't think. You could gladly sit in on a brew session with me.

Tarentum is ~ 1 hr 45 minutes south, I am in Oil City...... I would willingly drive that far to learn a few things. How often do you brew?

For some reason when I read Oil City my brain saw Ford City, which is much closer to me. Strangely enough though my in-laws have a house in Titusville not too far from you. I get up there a few times a year.

I generally brew once or twice a month depending on what I have going on. I'm actually just about to sell off some equipment and go to an electric system so I probably only have a few brews left on this gear. I use a keggle for a brew kettle and a igloo cube cooler for a mash tun.

Latest posts

Back