Cheese Mould Sizes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuljin

I come from the water
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've an empty and clean metal coffee can I'm thinking of using as a cheese mold in a DIY cheese press. It's 5 1/2 inches tall (height), 3 3/4 inches wide (diameter) and 13 inches around (circumference). It holds about 1 quart of water. What size batch of cheese is this good for?

I'm finding some kits don't give any sizes on their moulds or they give them in weird ways. Or it's in pounds of cheese only. Or moulds sizes that don't say how much cheese you can make in them, what size recipe or what quantities of milk are used with them. :confused:

Using a different size is possible. Just looking for an idea of how much milk to make how much cheese in what size mould.

Thanks.

Hmm, given their cost, I may just order a few moulds. But still, how does size of mould relate to size of recipe, amount of milk used and pounds of cheese made?

Back