MHTG - Great Taste of the Midwest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's just say, it was sweet!
Here are some pics. They really don't do justice to the scope of the festival, but TBH I was way to busy having fun to bother with pictures.
IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

Here's one of Brewmaster Dan from New Glarus serving up something special. I never got any because the line was really long. Judging from the groans I heard later from afar they ran out of the cask stuff pretty quickly.
IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

Here's a shot that captures the scene across the lake. It was a beautiful day even though it was 93 and high humidity.
IMG_0676.jpg

I'm definitely attending this next year if I'm still in the midwest.

Each year I plan to attrend this fest and each year I miss it either b/c plans got in the way or tix were already sold out. After seeing your pics, I really, really plan to get an early jump on things and get tix the minute they go on sale.

Thanks for the great pix!

Well, we were lucky in that my GF works with a "well placed individual" that was able to get us tickets looong after they were sold out. From what I learned, unless you want to camp in line at a ticket office before the sun comes up, your best bet is to mail in your order the earliest date possible. I think they sell 3000 tickets by mail order and 2000 at ticket booth locations (IDK where exactly). Attendance is capped at 5000.

Another option (for those in and around Madison) would be to join "madison homebrewers and tasters guild" (http://www.mhtg.org). I'd suspect members get first crack at tickets if they want them. I may be joining next year so I can enter into their spring big beer contest, and they've told me they need fresh members that are active homebrewers.

Ya, it was great. Good time by all. Waited in line at wineandhop for 3 hours to get tickets. Will be waiting 4 hours next year, was close to not getting any tix.
I remember Arcadia and Im sure I tried some from there, good stuff. Surprised that Michigan is such a big craft brew mecca. Michigan represented well, nice!

Charlie Papazian was there. Saw him following Mama's digdown brass band taking pictures. Couldn't find the camera and he didn't stick around to answer dumb noob brewer questions.(not really:)

DSCN1632.jpg

DSCN1628.jpg

DSCN1621.jpg

...The bus ride home, memories of grade school...
DSCN1633.jpg

Back