Opening my MicroBrewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastricky

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Long story short:

Years ago, knowing I deeply disliked my then career (advertising) I decided to pursue my love of American Craft Beer and homebrewing.

I became a brewer in a fairly large local microbrewery. Eventually I quit to open my own brewery.

I am now in the process of building out that microbrewery here in the NYC area (Astoria, Queens).

We've got a website up. I hope you'll take a moment to visit and let me know your thoughts, hopes, etc.

http://www.singlecutbeer.com/

Drink it loud y'all! :mug:

Don't hate me! If you knew the challenges and reality of opening a microbrewery, you might not be jealous. It certainly is not for the faint of heart.

Good luck to you. Im sure it is hard work, but hard working for yourself doing what you love beats hard working for the man every time!
Cheers

fastricky said:
Don't hate me! If you knew the challenges and reality of opening a microbrewery, you might not be jealous. It certainly is not for the faint of heart.

Oh I know the perils and am still crazy jealous.

I wish you the best of luck!

I wish you the best of luck and wish you were closer so I could visit! Your website looks great and makes me really want a LAGRRRRR!:rockin:

Good luck with the opening. I will subscribe to your blog to see how it's going.

I live out in Suffolk on LI so when you do open. I will make it a point to get out to meet you and do some sampling.

Bring on those hops!

Good luck to you. I'm sure your very excited / nervous about opening up a place of your own. NYC is a tough place to operate for a variety of reasons but fortunately there is always demand for great beer here and I'm sure you'll do very well if you stick to your plan and keep working hard. I'm going to subscribe to your blog and stop in for some beer once you open. Gotta support our fellow HBT members!

OP, where do you distribute in Astoria? My bro lives there, want him to bring me back some!

We'll be self-distributing. Our brewery will be at 19-33 37th St, and our Tap Room will always have growlers to go.

Beautiful. Site looks great, too!

Lived in NYC for a long time, still have tons of friends there. Will have to direct them to the brewery!

Best of luck - looks like you're doing a great job so far.

RulpsenHBT.jpg

I am in the process of going pro to, trying to locate a brew house as we speak.

BEST OF LUCK!! :tank:

BTW, for everyone that's local to NYC - I've made plans with 2 excellent homebrewing organizations (Brewstoria and The NYC Homebrewers Guild) to host meetings as well as conduct classes on how to employ 'big league' production processes to a homebrewing scale.

We'll always remember our homebrewing roots!

Looking forward to the opening!!

ps. I've got some tasting notes for you when Carolyn gets around to typing them up. Our friends enjoyed the beers!

Congrats! I live out on LI, so I'll make sure to come visit the tap room some time.

Are you going to be at Tap NY?

Thanks Gents. We won't be at TapNY as we won't have our license yet... still there will be tastings to come so if you want you can subscribe on our site to get all the deets when the time comes.

Well congratulations, sir! I wish you the best of success. Sometime in the future I hope to be in your shoes. Nice website as well!

Gratz man! Im in Nassau, good to see the tri-state reping the brew community, im like 40 mins from astoria id love to come take a peak!

(also... I hate you too)

Long story short:

Years ago, knowing I deeply disliked my then career (advertising) I decided to pursue my love of American Craft Beer and homebrewing.

I became a brewer in a fairly large local microbrewery. Eventually I quit to open my own brewery.

I am now in the process of building out that microbrewery here in the NYC area (Astoria, Queens).

We've got a website up. I hope you'll take a moment to visit and let me know your thoughts, hopes, etc.

http://www.singlecutbeer.com/

Drink it loud y'all! :mug:

I'm moving out to the city this summer. Will be nice to have some microbreweries to visit!

I can sure see your marketing background coming through for you! Sell your merchandise on the website so we in other parts of the nation can buy some of them and advertise for you!

Congratulations and props for having the balls to put your money where your mash is.

Enjoyed the website too - well done.

Put out word when you're ready to serve and I'll bring the crew down from the Albany headquarters.

Slainte!

Back