Could I build 2 stir plates in 1 enclosure?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LieutenantDan

Reaction score
I am planning a stir plate build & got to thinking about building a side by side stir plate than can handle 2 starters at once. My buddies & I brew 10 gallon batches so we just started with doing 2 starters at once in half gallon growlers. Would it be feasible to build 2 stir plates in 1 enclosure? Each unit would need separate controls & power, would something like that work?

I think you could easily do it. I don't really know about the wiring but you should be able to have power coming it and switches to turn on one or both. Then rheostats to control the speed of each.

Sure it would... Hell, if you have a strong enough power supply, you would only need one of those to power both stirrers...

You have to set both of them up as a parallel circuit or your second fan will turn at a decreased rate compared with your 1st fan. This is a quick circuit I drew up to give you an idea on wiring. Good luck.

Quick circuit.jpg

Back