Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my set up. It's in the laundry room so it's hard to get the whole thing in a picture. My wife gets the freezer so she's happy.

Kegerator.jpg

Inside Kegerator.jpg

I like the vinyl dry erase board...did you get that made locally or the internet? might be interested in something similar to this

Here is my build. Holds 3 5 gallon and a 2.5 has a freebie 5 tap tower. Guinness nitro tap with flow control. 1 perlick Flo control. 3 micro Matics Which are probably getting changed to perlicks. Extra stout faucet in the drawer just incase. Has a hidden tank cabinet with co2 and nitro. It's on wheels. Used some home Depot maple flooring with walnut trim that I made. Was happy with how it turned out.

20150207_145507.jpg

20150207_145458.jpg

20150205_105459.jpg

20141213_160527.jpg

20141213_160422.jpg

20141213_160502.jpg

20141213_160521.jpg

$109 igloo fridge at Walmart, homemade temp controller, small low rpm blower with hose, PVC, homemade Insulated wooden box, silicone

Blower hose goes all the way to the box through PVC, air returns in PVC next to beer lines. Works well I usually don't even plug in the blower I don't really get any first pour foam.

20150211_014322.jpg

20150211_015003.jpg

20150211_014359.jpg

20150211_014505.jpg

20150211_014558.jpg

20150209_031152.jpg

I was really digging the clean sleek look. I've got stickers all over mine, but it's just a normal keezer with no dress up. To each their own...

$109 igloo fridge at Walmart, homemade temp controller, small low rpm blower with hose, PVC, homemade Insulated wooden box, silicone

Blower hose goes all the way to the box through PVC, air returns in PVC next to beer lines. Works well I usually don't even plug in the blower I don't really get any first pour foam.

Badass! You built that like a pro.

Pics of a bar/kegerator I just built. It's a Perlick 3 keg beer dispenser that was tucked in behind the bar at some little tavern in western Wisconsin. Bought it for $150 on Craigslist. Put it up on casters, added all the wood etc... put a paint job on it and plumbed it for ball locks. The chairs were out of the Walleye Lodge bar in Osakis, MN. Waiting for two more kegs to fill to break her in proper.

100_0430.jpg

100_0432.jpg

100_0436.jpg

100_0437.jpg

100_0438.jpg

100_0444.jpg

100_0439.jpg

100_0446.jpg

100_0440.jpg

100_0464.jpg

De ja vu snobound20 I had that same kegerator given to me last summer. When a buddy of mine dropped it off it turned out to have a rusty rotted out bottom And needed too much work to justify the fixer upper. Now I'm sure it's melted down by now. Nice job on yours. Looks great. Did you have any rust issues or rotten frame work.

I've got a bunch of extra parts in the garage for it. Evap coil, condensor, thermostat, fan motors. if you need it. For shipping it's yours

No problem with rust here, but I can see it happening in a lot of cases. The unit normally sits on a approx. 3/4" x 3" x 1/8" steel channel, and if it were to get wet underneath there's no circulation to dry it out. Thanks for the offer on parts. I had another similar offer, but I figured if I got some they would sit around forever and I would never need them (according to people in the industry these things are built like tanks), but if I don't get them chances are I'll need them next week. Nice to know that their still available though.

I really like this....so simple and yet it looks really professional on the other side.

Pics of a bar/kegerator I just built. It's a Perlick 3 keg beer dispenser that was tucked in behind the bar at some little tavern in western Wisconsin. Bought it for $150 on Craigslist. Put it up on casters, added all the wood etc... put a paint job on it and plumbed it for ball locks. The chairs were out of the Walleye Lodge bar in Osakis, MN. Waiting for two more kegs to fill to break her in proper.

Love it, your basement reminds me of my grandfather's bar. I like the paneling and floor, don't change a thing!

So is the spaghetti monster to help prevent foamage? I will add that's the neatest spaghetti monster I've seen yet:D

This Accuflex Bev-Seal tubing is great but it's quite rigid and does not offer the same resistance / ft as regular tubing, so I run 15ft / tap to not get foam.
It is kind of a pain when I need to switch kegs around, but I manage :)

Pretty simple keezer here, but that didn't stop me from looking through every page for ideas! The lid sits on a 2x4 collar and there is a 1x8 veneer that extends above and below the 2x4. This covers up a few dents in the freezer, and I liked the idea of hiding the strip where the lid closes.

The lid was pretty beat up, so I screwed in some plywood and then put some concrete patch on top of that. This was also a test run for our kitchen counters, and I'm glad I tried this first because this was the wrong type of concrete for this job. It's good enough for a basement kegerator though, so I'll just leave it.

The lid is hinged to the collar, and the collar is just setting on the freezer with some weather stripping. The collar isn't attached to the freezer at all, and so far that hasn't been an issue.

I just have a basic kegconnection kit with standard faucets, and they're already super sticky. Time to upgrade to Perlicks!

IMG_1138.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

The lid sits on a 2x4 collar and there is a 2x8 veneer that extends above and below the 2x4.
<snip>
The lid is hinged to the collar, and the collar is just setting on the freezer with some weather stripping. The collar isn't attached to the freezer at all, and so far that hasn't been an issue.

I imagine that the veneer helps with that. I'm thinking about going this same route with mine although I'm going to attach the collar to the freezer and use the extending veneer to help hold the lid in place. I don't want to add anymore height to the lift needed to put the full kegs in there.

When building mine I was able to briefly lift one end of my keezer by the collar with just weather stripping between the two. It probably won't move with regular use. For a little extra assurance, I taped over the seams on the inside with some aluminum flashing tape. It's very solidly joined now and has worked for a few years without issue.

Careful when it comes to veneering a keezer. Most of the waste heat is released through the side panels. After using a laser thermometer to see the hot spots on the exterior I gave up on the idea of encasing the sides in wood and sprayed them with flat black instead. Remember, your already making your freezer motor work in a way it wasn't designed, don't make it work too hard.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1425915373.317359.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1425915387.516665.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1425915405.592271.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1425915419.482670.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1425915838.293698.jpg

Here's my keezer build gentleman. GE 7.2, professionally painted (because I screwed it up and I'm way too picky to just let it be) below the unit is a hand made angle iron rolling cart which the keezer can easily be removed from, the diamond plate around the collar is all one piece. I tubbed out the tap area with aluminum trim to make the led lights pop. An embarrassing amount of time and work went into this thing but overall I'm really proud of the results!

Finally put in a third keg I'd be thinking about for a couple months (funny considering I built the thing in October). A pinlock fit on the hump. Barely. Glad I hung on to the old taps after I upgraded to the two perlicks. And glad I had the foresight to get a three-way air splitter when I built the keezer. Now I'm done upgrading for a while. And I mean it this time!

thumb2_three-taps-65223.jpg

thumb2_three-kegs-65224.jpg

Back