Hello, my name is McKBrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McKBrew

Reaction score
Hello guys and gals, it's McKBrew. Haven't been around too much lately at least posting anyhow. I kind of feel like I'm committing adultery lately, as I've been spending more time over at jeepforum.com (also run by our hero TxBrew). I'm still drinking beer and plan on making a batch this weekend. The Jeep has become a new obsession of sorts, although far more expensive than brewing, so I'm doing a lot of looking and not much buying.

Having a blast taking it up in the woods, driving it on the beach, etc.... Haven't designed a shock absorbed off road brewing system yet, probably not a good idea to combine the two hobbies.

As many of you may have read, I was in a bit of a slump and off-loaded some equipment. Got rid of my keggles, one burner, and a couple of cornies. For now I only have a 6 gallon stockpot, so I'll need to buy another aluminum pot soon.

Still have the keezer, and decided to keep it. It might not always have four full taps, but it'll still have beer in it.

Other than that, I suppose life is good. I'm still breathing which is a plus, and the family is doing well. We've been dealing with some rough issues with my adopted daughter going on a year now. It's been frustrating trying to get her behavior in check and get her prepared for the adult world. She turns 18 in 3 months.

I still owe a couple of you items I promised you months ago. At this point you probably think you'll never get them, but you will. Ohiobrewtus. You will also get something in return for the beers you sent me a while back. I did a poor job providing feedback on most. BTW, I still have one left. Jmulligan: I know you didn't want me to send you something else for the Secret Santa swap last year after the originals I sent froze and were returned, but you will get something anyway. It's my obligation to make good on things I've promised. If I were as slow sending things as I was pleasuring the missus, she'd probably be a happy lady.

Brewtopia. Naked City has been open a year. Haven't been there yet, but I promise I'm coming sometime. Pretty crappy, since we are only a short distance from each other. You are an inspiration to many of us.

I honestly hope to meet many of you in the future and wish you all the best. On my end, I'll try to pop in more often and say wassup.

Feel free to post in this thread and share any random thoughts you have as well.

i'm a jeep guy too, although i've been spending more time over here then jeepforum lately, jeeps got too expensive...then the death wobble hit. be glad u have a jk, death wobble is a pain in the ass to fix. ps. get rid of the hard top and put a cage on that sucka!

i'm a jeep guy too, although i've been spending more time over here then jeepforum lately, jeeps got too expensive...then the death wobble hit. be glad u have a jk, death wobble is a pain in the ass to fix. ps. get rid of the hard top and put a cage on that sucka!

Some JK's have the death wobble issue too. I haven't had a problem. I like top off, but I live in WA and the weather doesn't always cooperate. Plus, I don't trust the neighborhood kids to leave it alone when it's parked on the street. Luckily I have three teenage boys and we can have the top off in less than 20 minutes.

Kind of a weird post I know, just wanted to check in and yapp.

McKBrew, the first rule to a new hobby is don't let it completely engulf you.

Look at me...homebrewing is just a thing to pass the spare time I have.

And recently I took up motorcycling and going on long weekend rides with a group of other like-minded riders. But do you see me giving up everything else and becoming obsessed with my new hobby?????

I don't think so. :D

Me_Vest-2.jpg

McBrew has no place in my heart any more. Let him talk about shifting his stick, or his superior handling. I don't care about him any more!
(Runs away crying like a little girl)

Understand the JEEP obsession thing bud... love the JK. Spend my fair share of time on Jeepforum and Jk-Forum. Where are you going offroading this weekend?

Me_and_FJ_on_23_resized1.JPG

Trail_23_Resize.jpg

Crossing_Christy_Resize.jpg

me_on_O-trail_-_resized.jpg

Me_on_top_of_the_rock_2_resize.jpg

I need to get back to brewing soon too... and definitely plan to. Ordered some ingredients from Brewmaster Warehouse and can't wait!

Roaring Brewer, awesome pics.

If I do any real offroading it will be at the local spot, Tahuya. Still looking for someone else with a second rig. If I can't find anyone, I might just do the usual and cruise the forest service roads with my sons.

Back