So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nut brown is chilling, tried to do to many things at once and had a couple boil overs. Gonna do my oatmeal stout monday on my day off. Phew 3-5gallon batches all in fermenters means my brew cycle is all outta whack. Gonna have to go to the lhbs and but another fermenter so I can brew some thing else Next weekend, thinking a raspberry wheat or a blueberry wheat

Ha! I have a blonde that was on strawberries in primary and racked off of them into secondary this past week. Today, I brewed my Costa Cocoa Milk Stout. I mistakenly added 1 pound of lactose instead of 8 oz...hope that didn't mess things up. I think it will be okay. I cold brewed some Kona blend coffee, coarse ground to go in at bottling. Costa Rican cocoa husks went into grain steep. Nibs will go in secondary. The final will be a "Costa Kona Mocha Latte Stout".

DSC04309.jpg

Heating water right now, brewing 10 gallons of a beer we call DunkelHauf, its a light easy drinking, dark color wheat beer with some light chocolate flavor and a nice hint of lemon in the finish.

gtg and finish getting my gear ready.

Cheers :mug:

About to start milling up the grains for a mystery beer! No Beersmith, no calculators, just experience and educated guessing. I'm hoping for a hoppy brown. Wish me luck!

Two brews this wx.

AG Ragin Irish Red - house staple
LME Final Absolution Dragon Mead clone

Have a party in 1.5 months so need to get ready!

Thank you. First time using it. It took me a while to finish carving it up and sanding it.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

been watching that red chair clone for a while, decided to give it a go today. fly sparging in about a half hour.
oh yeah, there is 1.3 lbs of Rye malt in the mix. BOOM!

Just got done pitching yeast for my Roundabout English Brown Ale, and a 2nd runnings with dry hopped Cascades

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Brewed up a all mandarin bavaria hopped brown ale/dark saison, my house saison and a coconut blonde ale.

Ha! I have a blonde that was on strawberries in primary and racked off of them into secondary this past week. Today, I brewed my Costa Cocoa Milk Stout. I mistakenly added 1 pound of lactose instead of 8 oz...hope that didn't mess things up. I think it will be okay. I cold brewed some Kona blend coffee, coarse ground to go in at bottling. Costa Rican cocoa husks went into grain steep. Nibs will go in secondary. The final will be a "Costa Kona Mocha Latte Stout".

I think this one is going very well. The primary chugged pretty hard for a couple of days and is still going strong, but not as vigorously. After I was done with the hydrometer reading, I let the wort sample clear and then refrigerated it...and tasted it. Malty, sweet, a little chocolate, just enough hops...when this has coffee and some age on it, it should be a winner!

DSC04319.jpg

oatmeal-stout-62462.html

Oatmeal Stout extra Dark. Added 1/2 pound extra dark malt to the mash.

_MG_0043.JPG

Double batch of APA went into the fermenters, now bubbling modestly. I'm only on batch eight, but for cheddarhed3's comfort, I'll add that the only big fermentation I've gotten on a rehydrated packet of dry yeast was my first brew when I pitched at over 80 degrees F.

I warmed it up a bit and around hour 50 I checked and there was a nice fat layer of krausen. Brewing in a bucket so the lid must be letting some out since the airlock never really acted up. Live and learn...and enjoy homebrew!! Cheers.

I'm brewing under the moonlight tonight. Making a Reissdorf Kolsch. Started about 0200 this morning. Should be a nice sunrise on my shoulders in a little bit.

Ken

Might be brewing up a Hefe this weekend, or an american red. I think no matter what I will finally try my Moo-Hoo clone attempt :D

Does Thursday count as the weekend? Probably not, but I am doing a 10 gallon brew of a Simcoe/Amarillo Pale Ale. Hopefully it comes out well.

My first brew of 2014 will be a Smithwick's clone (10 gal.). Harsh winter in Michigan this year has prevented me from brewing until now. Have a lot of catchin' up to do. Running low on HB. :tank:

I may be doing an Oud Bruin for a second barrel project we have running, in this case we are doing primary in our own vessels and adding all the rest to the barrel to secondary and age.

Going to try to make a toned down wookey jack clone I think. Don't have the room in the mashtun for the full grain bill so I am going to make it a black pale ale instead of black ipa. hopefully it works out and is similar enough to the regular thing.

Going to try to make a toned down wookey jack clone I think. Don't have the room in the mashtun for the full grain bill so I am going to make it a black pale ale instead of black ipa. hopefully it works out and is similar enough to the regular thing.
If you haven't already brewed this: could you get enough grain in if you cut the water to grist ratio? I did this with a 10 gallon doppelbock recently, and was able to get the full grain bill in my MLT by cutting the water to 1qt/lb.

If you haven't already brewed this: could you get enough grain in if you cut the water to grist ratio? I did this with a 10 gallon doppelbock recently, and was able to get the full grain bill in my MLT by cutting the water to 1qt/lb.

I hadn't thought of that.

Using the calculator at http://www.rackers.org/calcs.shtml i found to use my 5 gallon mash tun with the 16.66lb grain bill, i'd have to go with .9 qt/lb. Do you think that will be too thick? I could maybe drain a gallon and then top off and do another rest if that is a viable option.

Would I have to change anything with batch sparging? I am pretty new to all grain.

Looks like I will have to get a bigger mash tun sooner than I thought.

Back