Hello from Long Island!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryox82

Reaction score
Hey all whats up? Just another new brewer from New York wanting to jump into another community to see what new stuff I can learn. I have actually bottled my first batch already and have a hefe in the primary so I have the basics done I think.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi real quick and I am sure I will have a good time here! :tank:

Welcome to the Forums! I am positive that you will have a great time here, and learn a ton about brewing. Congrats on the first two batches! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Howdy! I'm on LI, too... but just got my first batch into primary last night. I'm continually impressed by this community; I'm sure that you will be, too.

Howdy! I'm on LI, too... but just got my first batch into primary last night. I'm continually impressed by this community; I'm sure that you will be, too.

awsome! what recipe was it?

Im thinking about going to arbor wine and beer in islip to get some mini kegs for the hefe I have going now....bottling isn't all that fun.

awsome! what recipe was it?

Im thinking about going to arbor wine and beer in islip to get some mini kegs for the hefe I have going now....bottling isn't all that fun.

It was Northern Brewer's Mild Ale extract kit. I figured low-gravity = drinking beer sooner, which is a good thing for the first batch!

I'm sure I'll be considering kegs after filling these bottles, though. At least emptying them will be fun!

Long Island here too. Arbor is a good place, but if you're near northport check out Karps. Much better prices because he doesn't have to pay rent in the back of a hardware store. In fact I'm going there today to pick up ingredients for a munich helles.

This forum rocks, welcome to your new obsession. :mug:

Long Island here too. Arbor is a good place, but if you're near northport check out Karps. Much better prices because he doesn't have to pay rent in the back of a hardware store. In fact I'm going there today to pick up ingredients for a munich helles.

This forum rocks, welcome to your new obsession. :mug:

karps website has been in my favorites for a while now but I havnt been to the store. I work in farmingdale and live further out east so Arbor is on the way home in islip. I may stop by karps this weekend...want to start an apfelwien for christmas....should have started it last month but I have only been doing this two weeks.

I didnt realize how many people locally do this. We're gonna have to have beer swaps lol.

Back