can I make this fridge work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3.7 cu. ft. sounds a bit small. My Danby fridge is 4.3 cu. ft. and I can barely squeeze 2 cornies in there side-by-side. The sanyo 4912 fridges that are so popular and snuggly fit two cornies are 4.9 cu. ft.

3.7 cu. ft. sounds a bit small. My Danby fridge is 4.3 cu. ft. and I can barely squeeze 2 cornies in there side-by-side. The sanyo 4912 fridges that are so popular and snuggly fit two cornies are 4.9 cu. ft.

did your danby have a freezer? you just cut a portion of it out?

You can't cut the freezer out-it will ruin the fridge. You could *possibly* bend it downward to make more room, but that could potentially also cause a coolant leak, thus wrecking the fridge. Whether you take that chance is up to you.

I bent the freezer portion downward to fit my cornies in a GE fridge I had well before I got into brewing. If you can avoid it, I personally would. If you take your time it is doable, and just remember not to try and bend it when it's frozen ;)

did your danby have a freezer? you just cut a portion of it out?

No, my danby did not have a freezer comparment. The chill plate lines the back of the fridge. I hadn't noticed that the fridge you're looking at looks like it does have a freezer.

So, given that it's likely smaller than you'd like, plus having to deal with bending the freezer plate down, and it's not FREE, I'd let this boat sail if I was you. Looks like more trouble than it's worth.

Back