oatmeal Stout frementation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishwater

Reaction score
That batch kicked off in less than 12 hours. it was making that air lock get a work out . Then bam a brick wall on the air lock after about another 14 hours. I know that an air lock is not the only sign. That I need to take a gravity reading. But, does that even sound right. It seems odd. Thank you

are you using a carboy or a "ale pail"?

if it is the pail your lid could be loose

also double check the fluid level in your air lock,
I had one that was a bit too low and it didn't move as well
Never trust the Airlock.... it is not a dependable indicator of fermentation
give it 3 or 4 days and take a gravity reading

1.042 brewed 27 april. The only thank that has me freaking is the airlock went crazy with in the first 12 hours. Then just fell off nothing with in the next 20 hours

Try taking your lid off, then put it back on, if you had a super vigorous bubble it might have popped your lid ever so slightly happened to me the other day.

Don't just push it on, take it off and put it back on.

Patience is the first lesson in brewing (well, second - sanitation comes first). :mug:

No, homebrewing isn't that big up here unfortunately. Our only real online supplier closed up late last year because they couldn't get enough sales. :(

Latest posts

Back