Remote beer temperature

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WBC

Reaction score
I wanted to know my beer temperature without the need of going into the garage and opening the freezer and looking at a thermometer under bubble wrap taped to the fermenter so I bought a LaCrosse electronic indoor outdoor thermometer at a discount sale. I paid $10.58. I placed the thermometer sensor against the fermenter with the bubble wrap over it and taped it to the fermenter. Now I can put the LCD display anywhere in the garage or house and just read it. I love it.

Next to a webcam constantly pointed at a carboy so you can watch fermentation on your work computer....that has to be the geekiest/coolest/obsessive/ homebrewing addcit idea I've heard in awhile!

That's a compliment by the way!!!

:D

Well I am considering an ethernet based data collection system but have not looked into the details yet (cheapest reliable method). That would be really interesting as I could make charts and graphs using Excel.

WBC, I do the same thing. I also bought a LaCrosse wireless weather station and it is great for monitoring temperatures. I had my doubts that the base unit would still get the reading with the sensor inside my fridge but it works great. I actually have 3 remote sensors so in addition to one being outside I have one in my kegerator and one in my fermenting chest freezer. I monitor temps all day while I sit on my lazy ass.

Back