Just moved

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalifornsky

Reaction score
Hello!

I just moved from Chicago to Seattle. We had a wonderful group there (http://chicagohomebrewers.org) with some amazing group buys. Is there a Seattlw group that organizes buys? I would love to continue saving costs on bulk grains and hops.

We have already put down an IPA here and are excited to see how your water compares to Chicago's.

Thank you!

Welcome. You're going to like the water. Depending on where you live, there's about a 99% chance your tap water is mountain water from the Tolt or Cedar River watersheds. Naturally very soft, not a lot of chlorine added in the processing. I honestly think thats one of the factors as to why craft brewing in the NW has such a great reputation.

Welcome, there's lots to like about Seattle. I think that there are three LHBS in Seattle. The Cellar is North of Greenwood/Haller Lake, almost in Shoreline. Bob's is over in Ravenna. Sound Homebrew Supply is in/near Georgetown in South Seattle. Further South in Kent there is Larrys which is a combination retail/wholesale (to microbreweries) store.

I don't know much about the local brew club scene, I'm just a cider/mead guy (who loves our local breweries) who is starting to explore beer brewing. I'd suggest signing up for the North Seattle Homebrewers email list. There's definitely other clubs around too and some sort of Coop. in the Central District.

What part of town did you move to?

Back