Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm....I have one of those stainless tp holders already, and could bastardize it if swmbo left for the afternoon ;)

jk, i already have a three tap tower, but have to add collar to kegerator so that the third corny can fit.

for now, the small black tap is for sparkling water that the swmbo drinks faster than the beer, and keeps her from spending money on pelligring

i am thinking that i will make some orangina soon, and put that on there, or save it for the special occasion when i have some kind of barleywine ready or the like

photo.jpg

tapo.jpg

bplaughlin, how are you squeezing 4 kegs into that kegerator? Using a 3 gallon on the hump? I take it the gas bottles are outside of the kegerator; if that is the case how did you run the gas tubing?

I had to cut half the top off of the corney. It is a tight fit but it works. The gas bottles will go on the outside in a wicker basket but I haven't gotten to that point yet. I think i will run the lines out of the back of the tower when i do it

Got any pics of the kegs in there? I just ask because it appears I have the same kegerator, and 3 is the max I can wedge in there at the moment...

Found a free side by side on craigslist, ripped out the wall that separated the fridge and freezer sides...

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_07352.jpg

Trying to convince the SWMBO that I need more cornies. I already have to keep Bud Light on tap to keep her happy:cross:

I didn't feel like waiting. I only have 2 kegs in it at the moment but as you can see there is plenty of room.

Thanks for the pics, that helps a lot. It appears my kegerator must be a different brand/model (although from the outside it looks the same). It appears you have a "bump out" at the top of yours, whereas mine is at the bottom and seems to be more obtrusive.

Nice work on yours though, and thanks again for the pics!

:mug:

That's how I did mine "johnny cash style" cheap fishing cooler jockey box, then wanted a bigger unit (lol) but the 2 keg mini fridge fit in the space(better than jocky box). 1 keg, 2 keg, ebay rails, taps & tower from keg cowboy here, 1 more keg coming soon, 4th keg in a few months, chalk board from big lots, label hangers from wally world.

Thanks for the shout out!

Here's mine. It's a cheapo 3/4 sized fridge from craigslist and a package from kegconnection. I've got the second tap/keg set on order. Currently there's a Brewer's Best Irish Stout in there, and a really simple Saaz hop pale ale is going in Keg 2 when it arrives.

I love this toy!

And, electrichead..... NICE tap handles! :mug:

keg.jpg

@ electrichead... okay, after further examination, your tap handles are like icing on a really REALLY awesome cake... holy cow, man! :mug::mug:

Here is my quick throw together kegerator. My plan is to build a much nicer keezer this summer, and run at least 4 taps. I'm not going to spend anymore time working on my current build.

19289410150408893240012.jpg

@ electrichead... okay, after further examination, your tap handles are like icing on a really REALLY awesome cake... holy cow, man! :mug::mug:

Love the little card holders. Where did you get those?

Thanks. The tap handles were definitely a labor of love, so to speak. They ended up taking longer than I thought. Around 3 to 4 hours each. I want to turn the next 4 on a lathe.

The card holders are from Bar Products, same place as the drip tray. They are glued to the wood base which has a few of those business cad magnets on the bottom so it all stays on the lid when open. Eventually the plan is to laminate the markers so they stand straight and are washable/reusable.

Well here is my setup at the "Atwood Speakeasy". Not sure if you'd really consider it a kegerator so to speak but it is my means of dispensing. I have always ran commercial kegs through these but I have just found some vacant cornies in which I will start kegging the homebrew and serving that on tap. I am pretty pumped.

I have an old fridge in the storage room in which I drilled three holes in the side to push the lines through. Then I insulated the lines all the way up to the back of the 1/4 barrel hanging above the sink at the bar. Works out pretty slick for when I pump sanitizer through the lines. I just hook a hose up to the faucet and it drains into the sink or into a bucket if I want to reuse the sanitizer. The tap handle on the left is just a chunk of oak firewood in which I just shaved the bark off and sanded it down to the hardwood. Turned out pretty sweet and I have a few more in the process of being made. The 1/4 barrel picked up at the Barrel Mill in Avon MN and stained it. I then have some back lighting behind the barrel for effect. Next is to get rid of the pink bar top and put it granite. Oh the projects....

Here is the keg fridge. As you can see I have a very short run of lines through the wall into the bar area. I have insulated the lines and the shanks and am still trying to figure out a way to keep the lines cool for the entire run. Also you see the stacks of bottles that I reuse to bottle the brew.
DSC04644.jpg

Here is the bar area, "The Atwood Speakeasy" as I like to call it. You can see the door on the left goes to the storage room and the keg fridge is directly behind the taps. You can also see my "Vested Fermenter" on the back bar...you gotta love brewing in the MN Winters. You will also notice the "Beer Bank" which can sometimes help fund the next batch. If you're sitting at the bar enjoying a homebrew, toss a few bucks in the bank so we can keep the Epic Nectar flowing on a regular...
DSC04650.jpg

And lastly, a close up of the 1/4 barrel and taps.
DSC04655.jpg

DSC04656.jpg

I hope you like it...I sure do!!

this is my Kegarator! it is currently setup for both stouts and ales (CO2/nitro and CO2)

its small, I can fit 4 - 5 gallon kegs in it and not much else - but i think it came out great.
IMG_0012.jpg

the inside - I can configure 2 stouts and 2 Ales or 3 Ales and 1 stout. quick disconnects for easy access.
IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

Dude, love these tap handles. Totally going to steal this idea :D

<innocent> By the way, what kind of rope did you use on those handles? </innocent>

It is paracord. I get it from supplycaptain.com. Good prices, great selection of colors, and fast shipping. The black is a 5 bight 16 lead turks head, and the two color is a 4 bight 19 lead turks head.

Gus, that is utterly fantastic. Where did you learn how to build the bar itself? I am struggling finding much good information on the internet.

Thanks a lot Joety! I'm glad you like it. I didn't actually build the bar itself as it was here when we moved in 5-6 years ago (big bonus and the deal maker for me!) The barrel however was not. I certainly saw the opportunity to have tap beer in the basement with the wet bar/sink being right there and a big storage room on the other side of the wall. I always really liked the barrel with taps look and that is what I wanted to do so I started searching out a barrell in which I could cut the end off and hang it. Eventually I came across The Barrel Mill in Avon and picked that up for I think like $50-$60 or something. Then we had to figure out a way to get it to hang off of the wall so I could get some backlighting back there. After scratching a bald spot in my head I had a friend of mine with some creative construction backround brainstorm with me and we came up with this....

We took a 2x8 and made two 8x8 squares. The squares were then stacked and screwed to the inside of the barrel. We then had to build a box that attached to the studs on the wall. The box's ID needed to be 8 inches so that the stacked squares that are screwed to the inside of the barrell would slide into the box itself and act as a "Cleat". Then it was just a matter of putting a few screws through the box and into the cleat. It worked brilliantly and fit like a glove.

I wouldn't think the bar itself would be too hard to build as it is a pretty basic set up. There is some shelving and a cabinet on one side but other than that, pretty basic. I will be however having the bro build me a granite top for it probably out of some remnants and try to salvage the arm rail and put that over the granite. I may end up just having to buy a slab of granite and I would use the cutout on the back bar. That will be the next project as soon as the SWMBO gives me the go ahead...fun stuff!!

Stanghead, I see you have a controller on your fridge, is there a freezer compartment, does it control the freezer too or did you bypass it? just wondering

It is paracord. I get it from supplycaptain.com. Good prices, great selection of colors, and fast shipping. The black is a 5 bight 16 lead turks head, and the two color is a 4 bight 19 lead turks head.

Thanks for the info. I've got to give it a try. It's been years since I've tied a turks head.

Okay, that didn't sound quite right did it? ;)

Back